Anyone teying to lose weight in bid to start a family??

Keighleyjo2010

Silver Member
I just wanted to find out how many of us have a goal to lose weight in order to have a bambino?

I desperately want to have kids, but def nit at the weight I am, I have bad eating habits that I need to correct before I have kids in order not to pass them habits on.

hey I am not loosing weight to have children but just wanted to say good luck . Its fantastic to have something so amazing to work towards :) I wish I had lost the weight before I had my children , I was very big with my youngest and it meant I had to see a consultant and have tests and more scans and also meant I couldnt have the water birth I would have loved ! In fact I ended up getting a potentially fatal condition called pre eclampsia and we both nearly died , its not caused by weight but I am sure it didnt help !!!

I have just got to goal and we are now trying for a baby - I already have 2 but got so so big with them I am determined not to this time x My CDC is going to continue weighing me through the pregnancy to keep me on track x

I am for my second child which we're ttcing for now. I have PCOS so my body naturally struggles with weight loss and gain. I didn't have a bad pregnancy (was 16stone 6 when I fell pregnant) and only gained 11lbs but I got pre-eclampsia and I still feel my weight contributed to this

I just want a healthier start weight for when I fall pregnant and also hope losing the weight will help my very erratic cycles Good luck xx

Hi Keighleyjo2010 --

Congrats and good goal -- pregnancy is hard on your body and getting into good shape before hand will benefit both you and your little one.

I have one son (19) and a daughter (11) -- both pregnancies were difficult and deliveries even more, so. (Hence the age gap.) I was at a healthy weight for the first, and about 3 stone overweight when I conceived the second. I know the extra weight made everything more difficult.

Anyway, in my LL group there was a lovely lady who was doing the diet (and sticking it out depsite being lactose intollerant and really having a difficult time with the products) -- because she had to get at a bmi of 25 (I think) to qualify for fertility help on the NHS. Well, she lost weight and before she even reached the 25 bmi (I think she was at about 27) -- she got pregnant!!! That child was in October and she is due any day with her second child!

She went back to LL and did Lighter Life Lite after the first to lose the baby weight... and once again (surprise) got pregnant as she got close to healthy bmi. As they were married some time and wanted more than one child -- and are in their mid to late 30s -- the two babies close together are just fine! Happy does not describe them.

Once she has recovered from the delivery, I am pretty sure she will do LLL to get the baby weight off, and we have talked of doing Aquafit together.

My best to you. I think there is a forum for people who are trying to concieve on this site. I'll look for it and edit in the link.

http://www.minimins.com/trying-conceive/

MinnieMel

Last edited:
i am hoping that when i get to goal, my husband and i will be able to maybe start trying. but i dont want to start trying until i have lost the weight... so yeah you could say that im losing weight so that i can be happy pregnant :)

i am hoping that when i get to goal, my husband and i will be able to maybe start trying. but i dont want to start trying until i have lost the weight... so yeah you could say that im losing weight so that i can be happy pregnant :)

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :) :) :)

I am not losing weight so I can start a family, but I've been thinking about it recently and I wouldn't want to be pregnant at the weight I am now. So hopefully when I am at goal, I will maintain until we are ready for a baby :)

Back