Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Anyone use fibre89?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by blue_grapefruit, 15 April 2008 Social URL.

1. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

I have a tornado in my belly and was wondering if anyone else gets the same? I have 2 teaspoons of it a day in water....

Cor, should get a wind turbine to help pay the bills :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sarette

Sarette Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    I've not tried it yet.. maybe I'll give it a miss now then!

4. blue_grapefruit

oooh, it's brilliant stuff. I was so bunged up and now i'm totally regular. Couldnt do without it and it isnt lumpy, or doesnt have a taste so it goes well with water.

Cant stand the thought of those husks :)

5. KerrieW

KerrieW Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I wish it worked for me! Husks don't either so am now resorting to soya bran which doesn't have any taste but it makes shakes a little bitty which I'm not sure I can tolerate!

6. blue_grapefruit

How much do you take kerrie? It didnt work for me for ages until i started having 2 heaped teaspoons.

Mind, i also use the water flavouring in it so maybe that makes me "go" :)

7. KerrieW

KerrieW Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I tried it with 2 roughly level spoons so I could probably up that a bit. Also I don't have water flavourings so maybe that might help. May have another go as I have real texture issues and I'm going to gag on the little bran bits eventually!

8. blue_grapefruit

Texture issues - ahh, me too. I get a 3pint jug (stole from work :D) and put in 1 heaped teaspoon of fibrey goodness, and about a quarter of a teaspoon of sunshine orange (it doesnt taste of sunshine or orange mind you!) and glug it through the day. Then i repeat in the evening :)

9. BIG BIRDY

BIG BIRDY Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    That fibre 89 is WICKED!! Guaranteed Dutch Oven for OH every night. Add to that the daily CD bar (or 2 if he peed me off) and the effectes were prretty dramatic. Had to omit the fibre 89 for social reasons.

10. want2wearbikinis

want2wearbikinis Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    can we use Fibresure? i bought some before CD and havent used it so far but was thinking I would start....is this ok on CD?

11. blue_grapefruit

LOL nikki!!!

12. hotstuff

hotstuff Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I take and swear by Fibresure. They are capsules. I get them in Boots in the vitamin section. You are supposed to take 2 x 3 times a day but I take 3 twice a day to avoid having to carry them around. I also try to take them with shake or whatever I'm "Eating" lol!

I have been completely regular ever since I started CD and they definitely don't effect ketosis, at least not for me anyway. "Business" is not as much as usual but I pass quite a bit everyday, certainly not rabbit droppings and it seems to be correct consistentcy!

I would suggest do a big clear out with Senokot or Ducolax and then start them.

It's a pity we can't harvest all this wind energy we could light up the national grid! :D

13. want2wearbikinis

want2wearbikinis Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    Ah great, I have the powder version of Fibresure so will def start having it again now. Perhaps I better warn the other half though from what you're all saying!! :eek:

:)

14. blue_grapefruit

Luckily i'm silent but deadly :D

15. ast

ast Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    20st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I'm glad someone else is on the fibresure capsules. I was a bit worried about the effects on ketosis.
    May I recommend to anyone who is going to start taking the fibre supplements to start off slowly, the first time I took them I exploded not very nice :sign0137:.

16. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I bought fibersure capsules the other day do we really need to take 6 capsules a day? I know you can take 2 up to 3 times a day but I was thinking once a day would hopefully be enough?

Also I asked my CDC what to take and she took out a box of fibersure and said just get this she never even mentioned anything about fibre89.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.