Anyone want a slimming buddy?

:sick: Poor Jane! Hope you're feeling better by the time the family descend on you! Christmas sounds like it's going to be a busy busy time for you - lots of partying to flexi- syn :p I have work xmas lunch on Friday and then lunch out with my parents and little sis & her family on Sunday :eek: 2 meals in the 3 days before weigh in are really not going to do me any good at all! Other than that it's just xmas day itself in terms of food anyway - I tend to use very few syns so I'm not really worried about the alcohol side of things! However there is still a chance that I'll be going to Spain on Boxing Day for a week and that will send everything to pot! :7834:
PE stands for Pulmonary embolism and I had a massive one :eek: that's not me being melodramatic btw they actually call it that! It was caused by a dvt which was caused (they think) by a number of flights in a short period of time. Anyway 2 clots passed through my heart :eek: and into both of my lungs and made me quite ill. I'm mostly ok now though but the 6 months of enforced inactivity didn't help my weight and with that and stopping smoking I managed to put on 17 kg from leaving hospital :rolleyes:
Phew and you thought you wrote an essay! Let's hope we can all keep on track - if we can do it now we can do it any time! :D

Oh Lesley, how frightening. Thank goodness you are OK. xx

I had a nightmare last night... I really wasn't feeling well at all. I was hungry and was fed up as hadn't been able to log on to calculate my syns all day (website was down) and was completely on track until 7.30pm and then the evil carb monster started chatting in my ear and I ended up eating a healthy 'legal' dinner that I'd cooked but then had some bread, a small twix and a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes.... along with two glasses of prosecco and two glasses of red wine... hardly the binge to end all binges but not good.. I started to ask myself if I really wanted to do this before Christmas with all my family coming over etc. etc. excuse, excuse and convinced myself to have a few 'treats'! So infuriating. So it's now 3am.. I feel awful in two ways, one healthwise - my face is burning, my ears are whistling and I have a horrible headache from this cold and also fed up with myself for eating extra last night. The next two weeks are going to be really tough. I can feel my resolve slipping but know I need to try and keep on track as much as possible. The reason I joined last week was to try and maintain my weight in December (and I've dropped three pounds) so I know I need to try and keep at it as much as possible. :-(

Morning Jane - Just a quickie cos I'm heading for work - here are some positive SW vibes to give you a better day :vibes: I think you're just going to have to do what you can until after Xmas :) If you get too hung up on it you'll end up binging like last night and you really won't enjoy the visit because you'll be so stressed about your diet. Maybe you need to aim to maintain and be conscious about what you're eating - so try make your meals SW friendly but accept that, in the circumstances, you are going to have more syns than when you're bang on plan :p
Hope you're a bit better this morning...... x

Hannah I think u just gave me the kick up the bum I needed, am going to go home and weigh myself tonight on the wii see what the damage is so far and try and pull it back for next tues

I was ok yesterday not a 100% as I had a pkt of salt and vinegar and then had 4 chocolate roses, but am only eating cause am greedy, am going food shopping tonight and am going to get in my yoghurts and some lovely fruit that I enjoy eating and try to get back on track

am going to ban any chocolate being open until xmas eve and try to drink more water to...

thanks hannah U have really helped me to get motivated again, I hope I can stay this way all day, am just going to take it one day and at time :)

how is everyone else feeling today ?

Thanks Lesley, I needed those vibes. I have drawn a line under it and started fresh this morning. I got over-hungry yesterday and was already feeling down with the head cold (not a good combination!).

My original plan was to try and maintain over Christmas and eat SW 90% of the time (Christmas Day off and extra syns on days when I am going out) and then buckle down in January. I can still do this... only half a pound up this morning so need to work extra hard to shift that off (I want to maintain any loss!). I am going to do extra easy as I can stay more satisfied. I am going to be very strict and plan good, filling (on plan) menus for the next three days - and document them in my diary.
Have a good day at work xxx
PS Feeling a bit better healthwise today :)

Im feeling ok! Bf had Burger King yesterday and stuck with steak eggs and noodles (although I had no veg) but for me it felt like a big stepping stone, as I said no to even a chip! Was still really hungry for some reason though!

Today I had porridge and ive got soup again lol talk about variety and think ill be having a pasta n sauce for dinner as I forgot to defrost things again! Doh!

My mum said as a passing joke 'I expect you'll put on a stone over christmas wont you?' so at that Im determined not to!

Yeah Sue weigh yourself tonight and make that completely draw the line under! You can do it! You want to be a lovely looking mummy! We have faith in you! At least if you minimise the weight gain it wont be so bad after, especially if youve gotten 100% used to the healthy eating it will just come like second nature to you! As will motherhood :)

Kerry I hope you're not giving up!!!!

well done thats fab, think I deffo would have stolen a chip lol

for lunch am having chicken, veg and baby boil potatoes or might have chicken and salad depending on what the salad looks like lol

hopefully will get lots of nice things shopping later

I want to be a yummy mummy lol :)

yum yum! I just had my soup and ive got a packet of snack a jacks too which i think are 5 or 6 syns! And a can of diet coke! I swear diet coke is the only thing that keeps me going sometimes lol

And Sue you will be a yummy mummy! Just keep up the good work! :) Just think if you have your baby July/August (i assume thats when its due) Youll have plenty of time to lose the rest of the weight before christmas, so this time next year you could be nearly at target and have a bouncing baby with you! :D

god that would be brill, cant imagine being nearly at target

well lunch went ok I had chicken breast, 2 x baby boil potatoes, and four bits of cauliflower with some pepper sauce - 4 syns i think

so going to have some fruit in a little while to make up for the amount I needed to have at breakfast and lunch lol

ano I love diet coke but am tryin my best to drink more water, hopefully it helps me and the dark circles under my eyes lol

Lol thats how I think of it with fruit and veg! As long as a third of my food for the day was fruit or veg its ok lol but as ive said the fruit is taking a back seat for now, until next wed anyways! Must get more veg into my evening meal though, as lunch isnt too bad the soup is all superfree! When I get money I shall have a banana with my porridge and maybe some berries yum!

thats a good idea, am goin to get some bananas later and use them in my porridge might help to sweeten it up

I dont mind if each meal doesnt have fruit or veg as long as I snack on loads during the day, I tried to have a larger lunch today because I cant seem to fill myself up, I seem to be hungry all the time, I dont know if ots because its xmas or the weather but fruit doesnt seem to be working like it did I just want bread and bad things lol

but hopefully today wont goes a bad, because i still feel quite full from my lunch

what is in ur soup hannah

Kerry and Jan how are ur days going ?

My soup is a nice cheap one. I brought one of those seasonal packs which contained 3 carrots, 1 parsnip, an onion and a swede! Popped it all in with some cumin, corriander, curry powder and water! Its alright, nothing amazing and I wish id left it chunky, but it was 89p and will last all week so cheap! :)

Ok i haven't had a great day again. Went to pizza hut for lunch but have known since last week that I was going so i had decided to have a flexi syn day. Instead of pizza i had pasta bolognese. Not great but could have been so much worse. Only problem Is I forgot i was making bolognese for dinner. Oops. Havent had any fruit or veg today at all. I really dont know what my problem is at the moment.

Hannah, thank you for the great pep talk. you are right cj doesn't need all the crap we have in the house. Unfortunately my husband seemd to think HE needs it + bugger the fact that i have no willpower + wouldnt choose to have crisps chocolates + biscuits in the house. As I've said before he is less than supportive.

Today I bought a journal. This is good for 2 reasons. 1. I have a stationary fettish + that had been fed for a while. 2. I have decided to start writing down everything i eat, when+ why im eating + my general mood. Im going to try and hold it together til xmas, its only a week away. I'm not aiming to lose any weight, just try and hold it together If I can.

Sue, you will be what my husband so politely calls a MILF this time next year! (sorry I hate that term but im trying to put across a positive image). You stick to the healthy eating plan. Its the best start you can give your baby. I hope your taking pre-natal vitamins and folic acid.

Fingers crossed for a good day tomorrow everyone. And thanks, i really appreciate all your support x

hey everyone,

yea am taking everything the doctor prescribed got all my decafe tea and coffee last night lol

well I stood on the scales last night and in a week and half I have put on 3lb, just shows me how quick it can go back on if I dont watch what am eating, last week I was just eating what I wanted like chippes and chinese for no other reason than to be greedy

well am back on track fully today -

breakfast - porridge and banana
snack - yoghurt, cherries

Lunch - tuna, pasta, pepper, tomato, onion, cucomber and mayo (1syn), apple

snack - orange and pear

so wish me luck today x

That's looking really good for today sue.

I have just been to the bakers + bought 2 fudge donuts. Not for me tho my pregnant friend is having cravings. Good luck with those sue! I craved minstals cream of chicken soup + shortbread. Healthy huh!

Ha be a good day

It does go back on sooo fast!! Its so annoying that its easier to put on the weight than get it off! Good luck to you both! Kerry the stationary is a great idea (I have a stationary fetish too!)!

My bf also thinks its great to have mince pies etc in the house and we had a lovely argument last night about it where he said my will power was a pathetic, lovely huh? Stupid unsupportive men! Ah well at least I didnt cave in when he was eating burgers in rolls! Stuck to my disgusting creamy carbonara wholegrain pasta n sauce! Will not be having that again soon! Out for lunch today so fingers crossed!

Heres to a fresh start for us all :D

just u tell ur bf that u do have will power because u have lost 26.5lb so far and ur not that far from target :)

today is going good eating wise however Ifeel rubbish today feel really bloated and have an awful metal taste in my mouth that I cant get rid of... yuck yuck yuck yuck

I just want to go home and get a bath and get my jammies on lol

good luck with lunch hannah what did u have

oh yum kerry them donuts sound lovely, yum yum :)

I had an alright main course (SW wise) it was chicken breast, tomato and basil sauce with mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and boiled potatoes, but i had a melt in the middle choc pud with vanilla ice cream and some chocs from a box of chocs so naughty naughty! BUT im only having soup later so i dont feel too bad. I am waaay to bloated to go to the gym tonight, ill go saturday instead, will still be going 5 times this week that way.

Im helping out at a local pantomime tonight (did it myself for 15yrs) so time to help out a little, that should keep me active!

I do feel bad but so long as this is the only bad food this week i guess its not too bad, but grrr! Want to get this last bit of weight off!!!!

I was 11st 3 this morning, probs put on like 4lbs over lunch though lol think id like to get under 11 over christmas, then i dont mind going back up to 11; that way i can be 10 8 for my bday and target 20th Feb! Ideally lol but doubt itll work out like that lol I HAVE FAITH!!! :)

Grr I had pancakes too last night, but nothing else at all after the lunch out so hopefully it will be ok!

Hows everyone else doing?

grrr pancakes

Hi Hannah..but did you enjoy the pancakes :)..you sound like you're doing great especially so near christmas.
I had my works party,didnt drink as was driving , food wise i had turkey veg two spoons gravy(thin stuff lol) ,a roll chicken pate and salad and the most bland profiterols you ever tasted lol. Will hit the scales tomorrow as a starting point of how much I have put on in the last few months since mum was ill and meno hit..still got into my size 14 trousers last night so hopefully not too bad :)(she prays!!)
Hope everyone else is doing fine xx
jan

Back