Anyone want to join me giving up the fizzy?

going to show my ignorance now - please dont holler at me...does diet coke have syns - thought as long as it was diet its free - am I wrong????

I dont normally drink it but have been having a glass here and there instead of having something naughty!!
hey , yeah you are right , diet fizzy is free , diet wise it is fine but in general it is not healthy to drink fizzy pop all the time , especially coke ... to make up for the lack of sugar they add a ton more caffeine , which is really not good for you at all , it can cause palpatations and racing heart rate when drunk in large quantities , and is just not nearly as healthy as drinking lots of water !!

Fell of the wagon, had about 4 glasses in sisters and then bought two cans in house and have drank both

cindersmcphee said:
Fell of the wagon, had about 4 glasses in sisters and then bought two cans in house and have drank both

How is everyone getting on? I gave it up on Tuesday-had a 600ml bottle of pepsi max at 11am and nothing since! My head is pounding-has anyone else had this?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Welshtigger said:
How is everyone getting on? I gave it up on Tuesday-had a 600ml bottle of pepsi max at 11am and nothing since! My head is pounding-has anyone else had this?

Yep. My headache lasted three days :( none for two weeks now tho! X

Rkmriddell said:
Yep. My headache lasted three days :( none for two weeks now tho! X

Oh that's good to know! I did lapse and have a glass of pepsi max last night with dinner-and a refill but I stopped at 2, and that was it-in the past I'd have had about 5(when they had free refills)so was chuffed! The headaches aren't as bad as they were and am still drinking lots of water and squash so hopefully it will help :)

I have gone cold turkey and given up coke for over three weeks now, I feel like a zombie without it but I'm hoping that replacing it with squash will do my weight and skin the world of good! I found it really hard because aside from pure fruit juice, which is too high in syns to drink, coke is the only drink I like and im used to drinking at least 1.5 litres a day! Hopefully this month my weight loss will be worth giving up my favourite treat.......

I have gone cold turkey and given up coke for over three weeks now, I feel like a zombie without it but I'm hoping that replacing it with squash will do my weight and skin the world of good! I found it really hard because aside from pure fruit juice, which is too high in syns to drink, coke is the only drink I like and im used to drinking at least 1.5 litres a day! Hopefully this month my weight loss will be worth giving up my favourite treat.......

Oooh let us know how you get on....you may inspire me to give it up too. Although I must admit the thought petrifies me! I am soooo addicted!!

I thought the same-i used to drink atleast 2 litres a day and have just stopped! The headaches were quite unpleasant to start but once I got used to it is ok :)

I only lost .5lb when I wi, I very nearly caved and drank the unopened bottle I have in the fridge but I resisted and I'm going to hold off for the rest of the month to give the squash a chance! So far I'm not feeling any benefit from all the extra water I've been having, my skin is as bad as ever!

10 days clean!! No fizzy drinks at all, just water! Wish I could say the same about the wine!!!

I love diet coke too but only really drink it in the evenings (couple of glasses) and as a mixer with spirits on a weekend (so quite a bit more) I'm interested as to why people are complaining about headaches? Is DC giving you a headache or stopping drinking it has? I don't know if I should cut down or not now I don't want a headache! Just to add I drink tea in the morn and sometimes afternoon (regular and herbal) and drink water all day (small glasses) until I leave work but def not as much as the recommended amount x

I suffered a headache but I drank a lot more than you tbh. I think it was from the caffeine withdrawal but went after about 3 days x

Ahh right I understand now! Thanks, I know DC can't have any real nutritional benefits but it's difficult to give the black stuff up lol x

Linzimarie7 said:
Ahh right I understand now! Thanks, I know DC can't have any real nutritional benefits but it's difficult to give the black stuff up lol x

I gave it up 12 days ago-with the slight exception of 2.5 glasses of pepsi max with dinner last weekend, and a dash with my Malibu on Wednesday night! For the first week my headache was horrendous but by wed/Thursday this week it had subsided and it's gone completely :)

Welshtigger said:
I gave it up 12 days ago-with the slight exception of 2.5 glasses of pepsi max with dinner last weekend, and a dash with my Malibu on Wednesday night! For the first week my headache was horrendous but by wed/Thursday this week it had subsided and it's gone completely :)

Sounds awful! Im only in my first few weeks of SW but I have noticed that I am drinking more DC without realising, think I'll make an effort to reduce my intake & force down some squash! Glad ur headaches have subsided! Xxx

Hi All,
I have long admired those of you that have given up the fizz!! Very impressive. Talking about d coke at work this week left me feeling awful :( Everyone kept commenting on how much I drink, so I agreed to a challenge / dare to give it up for a week starting on Monday. I am NOT looking forward to it, but hopefully I will see some weight loss benefit to make it worth it!!

How is everyone finding it? Are you getting better weight losses / feeling better for it??

When I was pregnant I switched everything to caffeine free, even coke, and my head pounded....need to stop drinking it so much now but I love it!!! Gone today with none though and had 2 litres water so hope tomorrow can b the same!

I'm not seeing any benefits from drinking squash instead of coke, my skin is still awful and I can't see a weight loss, the only change is I'm waking up in the night to go to the toilet!

kerryarron said:
I'm not seeing any benefits from drinking squash instead of coke, my skin is still awful and I can't see a weight loss, the only change is I'm waking up in the night to go to the toilet!

How much water and squash are you drinking tho?

Back