Anyone wanting to lose over 8 stones?

Hi Astara,

Welcome! WW's is a great diet and I am loving it.... It does get easier, I promise you. Read all the stuff you got from your leader and take it day by day and you'll soon get into the swing of things. :) If thinking of the 7 stones seems like a huge challenge, why not break it down to small chunks like 7 pounds, 5 %, etc ? If you have any questions, ask and I'll see if I can help you or there are many others out here who are helpful... :) If you are in it for the long haul, I'd suggest getting the points calculator and WW's kitchen scales - very useful tools for me.... Good luck! Annie x

Thank you! I am nearing the end of week 2 and have found its getting easier. I was afraid last week that I wouldn't have lost anything because it didn't feel like dieting. I kept thinking I must be doing something wrong! But I lost 5lb so was really pleased.

I am noticing small improvements already, I have, for years suffered from an inflammed stomach and hernia (due to weight im sure), this week I havent had to take any meds for it, and my stomach is not so bloated, that in itself feels amazing!

Good luck to everyone :)

Hey everyone hoping I can join you I'm hoping to lose 10st sounds so scary saying it out loud!! I need to lose more than that really but want to see how I feel WHEN I get there!!! This is my first week back at ww after a years break! I weigh in on Monday's xx

astara said:
Thank you! I am nearing the end of week 2 and have found its getting easier. I was afraid last week that I wouldn't have lost anything because it didn't feel like dieting. I kept thinking I must be doing something wrong! But I lost 5lb so was really pleased.

I am noticing small improvements already, I have, for years suffered from an inflammed stomach and hernia (due to weight im sure), this week I havent had to take any meds for it, and my stomach is not so bloated, that in itself feels amazing!

Good luck to everyone :)

5lb is brilliant hun well done you. And that's great news about your stomach xx

5lb is brilliant hun well done you. And that's great news about your stomach xx

Thank you :) I really like dellybelly's idea of putting a pound away for every pound lost. Then I can also see what i'm not spending on cakes! Good luck everyone :)

Hi all,

I'd like to join in too. Not quite 8 stone to lose but did have when I started originally, I've been up and down between 17 something and 18 something for about a year now, at the heaviest I have been for a little while at 18st 11 so was determined to do a complete restart and pretend I was a new member.

I have planned my whole week, I started on Monday so today is day 6 and I have managed to stick to it every day, feeling super proud of myself which is silly for 6 days of success but I think we have to take all the positives we can get!

Good luck to you all and hope to become a regular on the thread

Claire x

Hi Lianne,

Welcome to the thread - I'm sure Annie'll be along shortly to say hi. Well done on your first 10lbs loss. In a month? That's absolutely brilliant. Treating yourself for every 7lbs you lose is a really brilliant idea. I think I'll have to steal that one. What I was going to do was to put £1 in a jar for every 1lb I lost so by the time I was at goal I could buy myself a kindle..
Keep in touch and let us know how your getting on.
Delly x

Sorry about such a delayed reaction. I never got the notification. Blimming computer!

I'd try and put £1 for every 1lb I lose, but if I put on I'd just be tempted to spend it :/

I'm back, and 5 weeks in I've now lost 15lb, and hit my 5% (or my 4.95% according to minimins)

Hi guys just read this thread? Could I please join? I am Lorraine 31 married with a 2 and a half year old boy and a 6 week old girl.

I have yo yo dieted since I was 14 when my mum first took me to ww weighing 10 and a half stone.
I have since done every diet going. I was 13 stone when I met my husband 7 years ago and now 2 children later 19 stone 10! Eeeeek

I'd like to firstly get back to 13 stone so I look like I did ( well as near as ) to when we got together. But ultimately I'd like to be at least 11 stone but well see.

Today would have been my weigh in day but due to the bank hols it's not on so going Tomo instead. Have eaten all my points and weeklys and I get 55 dailies!!!! 41 for normal and 14 on top for Breastfeeding!
I really havnt felt like I am on a diet just had smaller portions of what I normally eat or just less like for instance my husbands curry I normally would have 4 onion Bhajees, naan, loads of rice, chips and pakoras but I had ww naan measured rice and 2 Bhajees.

Hope everyone is enjoying their jubilee. I am off on one of those sun holidays next week to Belfast. As I wanna go titanic museum. It's not even entered my mind not to stick to it. Xx

Could i join you please? Have around 10 stone to shift. Going back to meeting tonight as i realise i cant do it alone. I really want to get below 20 stone but ive been there or just above for the past 2 years and cant seem to get any further. Determined i'll do it this time as i have my daughter to consider. Really dont want her growing up overweight like i did. Will update with my proper starting weight after my meeting!

It's great that more people are joining here. We can travel our long journey together. How has everyone been getting on? I'm on week 5 and have lost 15lb so far xx

Hey again.

I am on the start of week 3 but only weighed in once and lost 5.5lb.
Next wi is tuesday can't wait. Xx

Thats me been and faced the music. 21st 5lbs.

As of today that number will get smaller and never again bigger.

I'm 18st 13. Goal weight 10st 13. To be honest though I'd be chuffed to be 12-13st.

Love to buddy up!! Xx

sapphirestara said:
I'm 18st 13. Goal weight 10st 13. To be honest though I'd be chuffed to be 12-13st.

Love to buddy up!! Xx

Hiya and welcome. Xxx

Thank you!! I'm just reading back through the thread! X

dellybelly said:
Hi Annie,
I did do propoints before. At least twice in the past 2 years. I understand the plan, my problem is sticking to it. I cant even get through day 1 without doing something stupid - and I'm still doing stupid things this week. I have a normal kitchen scale but I have the propoints calculator - a propoints app on my iphone, the shopping list all the tools Id need and I still can't stick to it. its not the program that's at fault its me and I'm hoping that being on here will help me focus better.

Unfortunatley in northern ireland, even with the monthly pass we dont have access to the uk e-source as we're considered weightwatchers ireland. However. time to stop looking at the negatives. I'm keeping a little diary, I know what tempts me more than anything and it's tea times at work when people have brought in goodies. I just hate to feel deprived and give into temptation so easily.

you would think with 39 points daily you'd have no problem sticking to the plan wouldnt you ? well, weigh in tomorrow and I'm not expecting any loss. i'll be happy to stay the same.

Have you any advice for kick starting yourself? finding some mojo to get on the go? As much as I want to lose weight - I need some mojo/motivation/strength/will power because I'm fatter than I've ever been and I hate it.

How have you been getting on this week? Sorry for dumping so much rubbish on you here. I guess I'm having a few bad days here!

Delly xx

Delly, am new to propoints and have 41 a day!!! How am I meant to use all those!!!!! X

sapphirestara said:
Delly, am new to propoints and have 41 a day!!! How am I meant to use all those!!!!! X

I have 47pp a day, I started on 50pp i have a food diary in the weight watchers food diary section check it out for some food ideas if you want xx

Amazing thanks you!!! Xx

Fab, thank you x

Back