Anyone with me?

We bought some olives yesterday to use as snacks to make sure we do not do anything naughty. Terri wont eat em. And my first taste felt like "spit it out" But I have kinda taken to them now. Hope it stops me snacking on anything else. Pleased that you managed a loss.

Well I didn't lose that elusive 1lb. Terri managed to lose another one so we have both lost the same now. I think that I have got a bit too cheeky with it. I snack on those cacao nibs, fired down some olives, I drink ale at the weekend and red wine and/or scotch at night so I will have to cut down a bit. Still enjoying the diet and food tho. Much better than total low carb. And I saw that picture of fat cells the other day, they seem to hover around for a bit then suddenly go. So, I am hoping to get a whoosh soon. Hope you are doing OK.

Hi Bri, another 1lb off for me this morning so hoping things are moving again. Still frustrated that a week later and I've still not lost the holiday gain. I wouldn't mind if we'd been eating fish n chips every night on holiday but we cooked our own meals and, although did mix protein and carb, on the whole was pretty good.

Fingers crossed for that whoosh!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Morning Bri, pleased to report another 1lb down this morning. Hoping this keeps going. 2lb still to go to lose the holiday gain but heading in the right direction. Hope you managed to keep off the ale yesterday! Like you, I am enjoying the food - but it is restrictive when eating out - unless you go for a carvery. We're out Saturday night so will have to be careful - I usually have a dessert that is chocolatey but will have to try and reign it in if I want to continue losing. I have my eye on my July holiday and need to lose a stone at least if I'm to fit into any of my holiday clothes!

Yeah, well done. Thinks looking up here too. Dropped 1lb and a half. I think that I should do my weekly weigh in Thursday or Friday. Yes, just managed to keep off the ale. It was close as I had a good day on the golf course and wanted to go and celebrate. But stayed in and had a single malt and some red wine.

Hi Ladies,
Can I join in on your thread please...
I started THD on Monday and this morning after 3 days was 10lb down....I am a serial SW dieter so finding it pretty straight forward at the moment apart from the lack of coffee and my fruit snacks. Day 2 was my worst, I was very "moody", but since then feel ok. How long do you think I should stay on Phase 1 for?

Will be delighted to have you, I am a boy by the way but my wife Terri seems to be a girl! You have done brilly, even better than us. 5 days will be plenty on PH1. Enjoy the variety of PH2.

Hi wannabe, that's a fantastic loss, amazing, well done! I would stay on phase 1 as long as you can stick it - it will be better losses. Bri's right, the variety in phase 2 is nice but the losses are less. How much are you trying to lose?

Yeah, well done. Thinks looking up here too. Dropped 1lb and a half. I think that I should do my weekly weigh in Thursday or Friday. Yes, just managed to keep off the ale. It was close as I had a good day on the golf course and wanted to go and celebrate. But stayed in and had a single malt and some red wine.

That's good news Bri. Let's hope this carries on for all of us!

Fingers crossed. It's great to have someone else join us. Hope she does well. We have vegetable curry tonight with brown rice

Curry sounds good Bri. Feel like I'm eating too much to lose weight. Thursday I had: breakfast - 2 poached eggs, toms and grilled Parma ham. Lunch: chicken and ham salad with roasted veg and mozerella. Dinner: chicken with sliced pork Stilton and leek sausages pan fried with spinach and stirred through with cream. Lost another 1lb! Just one more pound to go to pre holiday weight. I'm having no carb - other than the carbs in veg. Not missing it at the moment - but meal out tomorrow night and also going to pizza restaurant on Monday night for friends birthday so will be hard to avoid carbs there. I just don't think carbs like me. Even at ore-holiday weight I am 2lb up on lowest I got to with Harcombe - won't feel like I'm making real progress until into new territory! Hope you have a good day Bri.

How's it going Wannabe?

Thanks guys (apologies for the sex change Bri!)....had another good day yesterday. No change to the scales though...also a serial scale watcher.
will stick to ph1 for at least another week. Away to family this weekend so gonna take my own food and try to avoid the wine....true test of willpower!
Have a good weekend x

Well, after a successful week with some losses, I am 2lb up this morning. We were out Saturday night and I thought I had shown a lot of restraint by not having a starter, choosing lamb shank with veg and leaving the mash in exchange for having 1/2 lager and a slice of cheesecake. Could have been a lot worse but I felt I did well under the circumstances - so frustrated that I am now 2lb up. Had a perfect day yesterday - even though I was craving sweet food after my sweet dessert on Saturday, I didn't give in. I don't know how his diet works! I do feel like I am eating a lot on it and I wonder if it's a case of 'ok, you can have 2500 calories of protein and veg and you will lose weight, but if you have 2500 calories and protein and veg but have 500 calories of carb/sugar you will gain 2lb'. I don't know that I am having 2500 cals of protein, by the way, just trying to figure out why one treat results in a big gain. Have decided not to weigh myself until Friday now as at a pizza restaurant for a friends birthday tonight - and they only do pizza!! Hope you two have had a good weekend, tell me some good news!!

That seems rotten putting on 2lb for so little. I can't quite understand it or how it works. But Terri and me are convinced it's the way to go. We had a terrible weekend with drink!! We were pretty good on the food side although we had made our own wholemeal bread and had a few slices. After a weekend like that we are not going to weigh until Wed. Fingers crossed that we will have shifted it by then. We are not going to drink anything until at the earliest Friday. Good luck and keep trying.

Just had to change before I go out metal detecting. So..............I hopped on the scales. Relieved to see only around a pound up! Really delighted. We are hitting it hard this week. I didn't have any brekkie, some brown rice cereal with Fage for lunch and pork medallions with stringless beans and leeks tonight with a bit more Fage with blueberries in. Hope to be down a bit by Wednesday and no alcohol.

That's good news Bri, sounds like you're in for a good week. Hope the metal detecting brings its rewards too!

Damn weather! Well I was wrong when I said the restaurant only did pizza... they also did burgers. I had one. Oh, and two large glasses of wine, oh and let's not forget the chocolate brownie. Not got on scales today. Eeek!

Wow, a chocolate brownie. I am drooling. I had a great day in the end except for the metal detecting. I missed brekkie, then I had brown rice cereal with NLY for lunch, dinner I had pork medallion with string beans and cabbage and mayo, NLY with cacao nibs in and a few olives. Oh and we had some single malt. And hey presto 12st 8lb this morning. That is the lightest that I have been for years. Well chuffed. Keep at it, it works.

Back