Anyone with underactive thyroid?

Hi sorry I dont have an answer,but I am waiting to see if anyone replys as my mum has this problem and was asking me if she could do CD,also just wanted to acknowledge your thread...lets hope someone has an answer for you
xx

Hi sorry I dont have an answer,but I am waiting to see if anyone replys as my mum has this problem and was asking me if she could do CD,also just wanted to acknowledge your thread...lets hope someone has an answer for you
xx

lol. Thanx for the acknowledgement. I am really struggling to answers for my questions here :)

Hi,

I think a lot of people do read your topic, but most of us don't feel responding without any useful info helps ;-)

I am sure someone will answer your questions it will just take a while before someone with knowledge of this will see the thread :) I don't think most of us have a lot of knowledge of this; that's why!

So please don't worry, someone will give you the answer you need,

xxx Lostris

Hiya..I have an underactive thyroid, Im on 125 xx

I too have an underactive thyroid, I am on 150mg a day. I am on my 2nd week of the diet and lost 7lbs the first week. You should not have any problems on the diet while taking thyroxine. :)

The official line is:

Thyroid control does not have to be perfect and users can take all Cambridge programmes. However, it would be sensible to delay use of the Diet until customer has settled on medication for 2 months or so.

Your CDC should have asked for your medical form to be signed by your GP and after the diet your GP may need to adjust your dosage of medication.

Hiya again, I was on CD but had to come off due to low VB12 , am now on Diet Chef and gym everyday.
Re the thyroid....blood tested before CD was within normal levels, tested during low levels, tested after still low but rising.
Thyroid blood tests are notoriously inacurate. Depends what time of day, what you have been doing etc etc...
Im on 125microgrammes now and doctor looking to increase in Dec if levels not rising.
I liked the weightloss on CD (who doesn't?!) but I could no longer cope with the fatigue, down to thyroid or VB12...who knows! Since swapping to Diet Chef I have still lost 6lbs in just over a week and feel better...what works for some doesn't for others I guess!
Also , does anyone know why docs are so reluctant to up the Lethyroxine?? I have had quite a battle with mine!! :mad:

I take thyroxine for an underactive thyroid. On 200mcg.

Though my blood tests continued to come out 'low' I still managed to lose the 8 stone I needed to lose.

It wasn't super speedy compared to other CDers (maybe because it was still running low), but CD was certainly faster than anything else I'd tried :cool:

I take thyroxine for an underactive thyroid. On 200mcg.
Hiya KD, I see you're on 200, have you always been on that dose? Im just trying to get my doc to increase mine...still and am having a battle, was wondering if you had to work up from a low dose or were put straight on that? Thx :D

Hiya KD, I see you're on 200, have you always been on that dose? Im just trying to get my doc to increase mine...still and am having a battle, was wondering if you had to work up from a low dose or were put straight on that? Thx :D

If I remember rightly, I worked up to 150mcg, and was there for about 15 years. Then they put it up to 200mcg.

I have hashimotos disease, rather than a straightforward underactive thyroid. Don't know whether that makes a difference.

Oh and to add to previous message, when a doctor signed my medical form, he didn't say I needed going back to possibly have my dosage changed....so I didn't. Having been on them for years, I don't get tested often.

After I reached goal, my main CDC nearly had a fit because I hadn't been tested :D Bless her. Looks so sweet when she has a fit:cool:

Hiya, thanks for that :)
I will speak to the doc when I go back, I seem to have all of the symptoms of Hashimoto's Disease right down to the slow pulse which was picked up when I had unconnected surgery.
The doctor makes me go back every 3 months for a thyroid blood test and each time says something different! Am back on the 2nd Dec so will ask a few questions! Thanks again :D xxx

i had to really kick a fuss, cry n push my doctor to get my dose increased. lol. infact it might be a good idea to make n appointment n see a diff doc, it might help.

I was fortunate that I didn't have to push it. My doctor tends to push me. "You must take this!! You should be taking that!! Why on earth aren't you taking the steroids (for something else). Proper little nag she is :D

They upped my thyroxine cause I collapsed and was found at the side of the road. Everything was just going to slow..it stopped going:confused:

Wasn't I peeved! So much to do that day :D

Just noticed this thread, I know it is a little late, I have been on thyroxine for 16 years when I was overweight I took 200 a day when I lost my weight my dose was reduced to 150 a day.

Back