Apology

Wrinkly

Recovering chocoholic.
Someone on the Atkins forum asked me which protein shake powder I used & I don't think I answered them (senior moment) & now I can't find which thread it was!! :eek: I a so sorry. The shake powder I use is Natures Best & it has 2.2 carbs per shake.

LOL

the threads do wander around a bit don't they love. :)

it's an age thing ;)

i've asked that question on the forum in the past but like you can't remeber when or whereor to who. could i ask you where you get that from? and do you take it with milk? soya? or water? and there's no need to appologise at all (if it was me you were to appologise to).
I just can't remember who or when it was. :eek:
I order it on line direct from Natures Best. The flavours are - Vanilla, Chocolate & Strawberry. I have had & like the Vanilla & Chocolate. It is worth looking around & comparing prices & carb content. I mix mine with water. Good luck.. :)

PennyJane hon', that's not ignorance it's common sense. I have one for breakfast only, I'm lazy in the morning & it's easy and convenient..... However I only lost 12oz this week so I'm thinking of cutting them out for a while because I'm struggling with my carbs. Mine contain 24gm protein, 2.2 carbs & 1.7fat per 30gm serving which is added to 250ml water - or milk.

No milk on Atkins.

I bought soya milk the other day as I soooo needed a cuppa tea. I read that caffeine is ok as long as it doesn't trigger cravings. I have only 2 coffees a day EVER.

Yes, of course you are right Jim. I was repeating the suggestions on the tub.

Just an observation on the protein shake. Yesterday morning I decided to have two boiled eggs instead. They were 1.9 carbs, my protein shake is 2.2, so for .3 of a carb I'm back to the more convenient shake.

I didn't think that there were any carbs in eggs?

Just looked on Atkins site carb counter and they're 0.6NC each, on the box on my eggs they say 0... hmm.. interesting! Only tend to have a couple a day but will make sure i include them now.

Last edited:
Perhaps the good doctor decided that the good far outweighed the bad??

My little GI book says a Medium egg is .06, I counted extra because I buy extra large eggs but if you girls think it's OK I'll not count them.. Yey!!

I'm going to carry on counting them as zero carbs for now and try to only have a 2-3 a day max. I only tend to have them for breakfast or in an omlette which i don't have everyday.

Back