Apps for the iphone

So i heard back this was the response:

Many thanks for your e-mail.

We’re always keen to hear our members’ ideas and thoughts – some of them have helped us develop new features and services on the websites over the last few years – so thanks for getting in touch.

As well as the continuing development of our websites, we’re constantly looking for other ways to provide great service to members – including mobile applications. We don’t have plans for launching new applications in the near future, but watch this space!

In the meantime, I hope you continue to find the free Syns Calculator and Syns Online services useful, and very best wishes for your continued success.

Best wishes

The team at bodyOptimise

Im going to write back and see how many people it would take for them to look into it further... Im now a woman on a mission :)

Wicca303 orange may be having the iPhone in October but only for new contracts. For existing customers it may be rolled out early next year. We didn't want to leave orange but we really wanted the phone and didn't want to wait. So keep asking orange about the phone
hil x x

So i heard back this was the response:

Many thanks for your e-mail.

We’re always keen to hear our members’ ideas and thoughts – some of them have helped us develop new features and services on the websites over the last few years – so thanks for getting in touch.

As well as the continuing development of our websites, we’re constantly looking for other ways to provide great service to members – including mobile applications. We don’t have plans for launching new applications in the near future, but watch this space!

In the meantime, I hope you continue to find the free Syns Calculator and Syns Online services useful, and very best wishes for your continued success.

Best wishes

The team at bodyOptimise

Im going to write back and see how many people it would take for them to look into it further... Im now a woman on a mission :)
at least you tried lol.... my son set everything up for me and i've been playing with it all eve, so much on it i think it will be taking up most of the weekend!!

My ideal iphone slimming world app would enable you to choose a red or green day, prompt you about the a and b choices, free foods, and have a full search facility, based on the red or green option, for all the foods in the slimming world books!!

wishful thinking, i know - and my computer geek husband advises me you cant build iphone apps without a Mac... and we don't have one.... BOOOOO!!

My bf builds iPhone apps for a living and I've asked him if he could make one for me. The main problem he would have is that he doesn't know how Syns are worked out. He would need to find out the formula for working them out to put into the code of the app. Also there would be the problem of copyright. Slimming World probably wouldn't let him produce an app and distribute it without their consent.

Other than that, he could probably build one. :D

Hi,Sundariel - Wouldnt your hubby be able to develop an Iphone app that links to the current SW website and stores the relevant results from Syn Directory that you might be looking up ? Basically - SW already have the database, cant an Iphone app be developed that queries it - using your normal username and passwords ?
I am sooo desperate for an SW iphone app.... cant believe there isnt one out there.

woop woop its working lol, im going download it tonight when i get a minute, how much did it cost?

Re: Iphone app

Oooo thanks Ellebear.... I've just downloaded the app too! Well impressed - much quicker than going through safari!

Re: Iphone app

If this posts, the app works on iPod too.

Re: Re: Iphone app

Thanks Ellebear for alerting me (or at least being the first one I spotted !) - I'm also using it and I love it :)

Have you found any other useful aps? the nearest thing I have got to a slimming world app is that i downloaded office squared and put a spreadsheet on google documents, and linked it all up so I can fill it out on the go, a slimming world app would be good. Maybe if someone makes one they can show it to slimming world and might get some money for it, it must be high on their agenda though. Bring it forward with the other weight loss companies out there.

Katie x

Slimming World are working on an iphone app. There was a survey done ages ago now, but they are definitely working on it. Can't remember where the thread is now though!

Back