aqua aerobics?? whats it like

miss-r

I can do it!!
Hello

I am thinking of going to Aqua Aerobics.

I am not very fit yet and not the strongest swimmer, well I can swim the length of pool but it tires me out a bit. I cannot swim on my back.

I am size 22 and a bit nervous of going to a fitness classes but like the idea of aqua aerobics.

I go swimming sometimes but not a class and I feel self conscious, so I try not to notice if anyone is looking at me when I walk to the pool steps.

Just wondered what Aqua aerobics is like?

Thanks

It depends on the class. Lots of people use it as a way of exercising without putting pressure on their joints. You will stand in the pool, and not be out of your depth, so although you should be able to swim, it doesn't matter about swimming strokes.
I'm going to give it another go, as the gym I joined has a few different aqua classes going. One is Aqua Zumba which sounds fun.

hi , i swim at least once a week for an hour then they do 30 mine aqua aerobics after. i only go to women sessions so feel more comfortable. all different sizes there and its nice not to be the biggest there, which im normally the biggest where ever i go lol im 360 pounds and a size 32/34 im huge lol so dont be shy to go.

its fairly easy really. not strenuous, its normally a bit of a giggle. its mainly jogging underwater and striding and punching etc using the water to work those muscles lol

its nice because ur concealed in the water so u dont have to worry about wobbling lol

hope that helps xxx

Back