Are all Healthy Extra 6 syns?

Bimbie Finn

Do I count a 230g Baking Potato including Skin as 6 syns as I have used up my healthy extras for today and does it count for the other healthy extras

Thanks
Xx

Potato is one of your free foods :)

Sorry if I'm following the original plan or green plans can I class all the healthy extras as 6 syns if I've had my healthy extras for the day

Not all healthy extras are 6 syns.

For 100g with skin on when cooked it is 7 syns

without skin it is 4 syns per 100g

Where there is no free food value, it's 1 syn for every 20 calories.

I decided to have an Alpen Light bar today as my elevensies with a cup of tea. I don't usually eat them, but I had a couple in my desk drawer from when I'd bought them as a HEXB alternative.

I know that two bars make an HEXB because I see people writing it in their food diaries all the time - so I thought one would have been 3 syns. Not bad for a nice biscuit, I thought. Then I looked it up online and it was only 2.5 syns for a single bar. So SW obviously round things up to make the 6 syns that are roughly equivilent to a HEX. Not a massive difference, but it just reminded me that I need to keep checking values and not assuming!

I decided to have an Alpen Light bar today as my elevensies with a cup of tea. I don't usually eat them, but I had a couple in my desk drawer from when I'd bought them as a HEXB alternative.

I know that two bars make an HEXB because I see people writing it in their food diaries all the time - so I thought one would have been 3 syns. Not bad for a nice biscuit, I thought. Then I looked it up online and it was only 2.5 syns for a single bar. So SW obviously round things up to make the 6 syns that are roughly equivilent to a HEX. Not a massive difference, but it just reminded me that I need to keep checking values and not assuming!

Alpen Light bars are either

1 x bar which is your HeX-B AND classed as a speed food

or

2 x bar which is you HeX-B

I doubt that SW would round the syns up from 2.5 to 6. HeX-B's are about the fibre content not the syn value as such.

You're right Theria I always thought one Alpen light was 3 syns but checked and some are 2.5 and some are 3, not a lot of difference like you say but always worth checking.

Back