Are artificial sweeteners and sf gum allowed on DD's?

slimdreamer

Hi, I will be starting the diet soon after being on Dukan for over a year and just want to make sure I don't make a mistake. I have read that it is suggested to only drink water and black tea on dd's. Sorry about all the questions but does this mean no artificial sweeteners are allowed? Would this include sugar free gum? Is coffee allowed?

Really looking forward to giving it a go after reading all of the successes and even not so successful stories here, will be interesting to see how I do on the diet, fingers crossed.

You can anything you want so long as u t withing ur calories x

I have chewing gum on some down days, would think sweetners were allowed as your even allowed to have 500calories of chocolate if you wanted to on a down day lol, as long as its within your calories :) xx

That is good news, thank you.

I have my coffee black no sugar but for some reason didn't think it was allowed, I read that only water and black tea was allowed. It would make it much more difficult for me without my morning coffee!

I also thought that perhaps chewing sf gum may be a problem. It is limited during Dukan so wasn't sure what effect the artificial sweetener and other flavours in the gum may have on the body during the fast period. Thank you again.

It is odd what rules you hear about JUDDD. In his book Dr J basically says there is only 1 rule: eat your calories!

Everyone finds their own eating pattern, favourite foods and way of JUDDDing. That's the beauty of the diet. It fits you rather than you having to squeeze into a standardised pattern.

Good luck :)

Excellent post willdoit x You need to forget about rules you have learnt from other diets such as carbs being bad, no sugar, low fat etc etc. All you need to do is keep your DD cals to 500 or below and eat your UP day allowance, what you fill those days with is entirely up to you, you can bring in other principles if you wish , such as low carb, etc but they are not necessary in order to lose weight. As with any diet the guidance is to eat healthily . I do try in the main but I still eat Pizza , Takeaways now and again and chocolate on every UP day. It really is the easiest diet with the fewest rules .

Back