Are Asda SlimZone Ready Meals syn free

SLIMSANDY

They look tasty and a big portion, but are they syn free like the Iceland ones?

Slimming World have released a statement on these (will see if I can find it). They haven't confirmed they're syn free, not all of them anyway. Some are, some (using the syns calculator) aren't. If I can find the statement thing, I'll post it for you to see.

The cynic in me says that they won't all be free because SW will want to protect their brand and sales of their own meals, which is fair enough, when really they could be syn free.

Based on the calculator, the Syn values for the Slimzone meals are as follows.

• Asda Slimzone Chicken Chow Mein – 5.5 Syns per 500g pack
  • Asda Slimzone Chicken & Prawn Paella – 7.5 Syns per 500g pack
  • Asda Slimzone Chicken Tikka Biryani with Rice – 9.5 Syns per 500g pack
  • Asda Slimzone Chicken Tikka Masala – Free
  • Asda Slimzone Chicken Jalfrezi – Free
  • Asda Slimzone Thai Green Chicken Curry – Free
  • Asda Slimzone Cottage Pie – 8 Syns per 500g pack
  • Asda Slimzone Vegetable Arrabbiata – Free
  • Asda Slimzone Beef and Three Bean Chilli with Rice – 10 Syns per 500g pack
  • Asda Slimzone Pork Sausages – Free
  • Asda Slimzone Chicken Dinner – 3.0 Syns per 500g pack
  • Asda Slimzone Turkey Bolognese – 6.5 Syns per 500g pack
  • Asda Slimzone Turkey Meatball Marinara – 6.0 Syns per 500g pack
http://www.swstretford.co.uk/update-6-january-asda-slimzone-ready-meals-slimming-world/

Oh commenting so I can see what the outcome is on this. About to change out kitchens and will be living from the freezer with only the microwave for a while. All selections of frozen meals help to keep me from the chippys door.

15823288_10210230631257188_4880286284927372215_n.jpg

Thanks to those who have posted the syn values! I bought some of the Slimzone pork sausages at the weekend. I attended my SW group this afternoon and was in a panic as my consultant said that some of the Slimzone products that had been marketed as free were actually 12 syns! Glad to know I can relax and enjoy the sausages now :) Naughty Asda though

How disappointing, I just bought the Asda Slimzone Chicken & Prawn Paella – 7.5 Syns per 500g pack and it definitely hints on the pack that it's syn free, shame on you Asda! *wagging finger*
Thanks for posting the truth! :)

Back