Are CDCs obliged to....

debz32

Gold Member
....stock ALL the flavours ??!!!

Got a full list of the flavours this morning and phoned my order through....got home tonite to find a message on my answer machine to say she 'doesn't stock Chocolate bars or Toffee & Walnut Shakes'....

...is this OK ??? or should I insist on getting these flavours..?

HELP ???????????:confused:

Thanx

Debz
xx

Erm......I don't think it's written that we have to have all of them....but I feel bad if I don't have stuff in stock!! Those flavours go....actually all of them go....so have no idea why she wouldn't stock them....quite random really.

Erm......I don't think it's written that we have to have all of them....but I feel bad if I don't have stuff in stock!! Those flavours go....actually all of them go....so have no idea why she wouldn't stock them....quite random really.

Thanx Coley - her message said she's NEVER stocked them..:eek:

so why can't she get them ??? is it difficult to ask for them ??? or how do CDCs order with Cambridge ???

She's not too hot tbh....and I'm really annoyed at this latest development....:mad: only see her once every 4weeks - no contact, no idea howmuch I weigh or have lost - pretty bad actually !!!

Debz
xx

Do you like the shakes and bars? If so ask her to order you a box especially when she next orders...

OR

Ask her to start stocking them

OR

Arrange with a CD here to post you some?

Where there's a will there's a way!

:)

think you're right mandy - have to stock or at least offer all flavours.

Very bizarre flavours to not stock too - i'd have the thought the choccy bar was a best seller!

Thanx guys for your replies :)

Just found this on the CDWebSite...

Supplying Product
  • Counsellors should supply Cambridge Diet for a minimum of one week and a maximum of four weeks at any one time, unless otherwise instructed by the Company (for example as part of a special promotion) or by the customer’s doctor in writing.
  • Counsellors must be willing to supply the complete range of Cambridge Diet products. Counsellors should offer a selection of mixed sachetsunless a a full carton of a single flavour is requested by the customer.
I'm REALLY mad now......:mad:

sorry if it sounds petty...this is just the final straw in a long list of 'let-downs' ...I have never asked for anything and this one thing she can't (won't ??) do :(

end of rant !

Debz
xx

My CDC was insistent she couldnt get certain flavours, I was insistent that she could....suddenly seems to have a lot more variety in stock now!!

Just tell your CDC that you wanna try them hun....only thing is, when I told mine I wanted to try toffee & walnut I had to buy the whole box...but they were yummy so it didnt matter!!

My CDC was insistent she couldnt get certain flavours, I was insistent that she could....suddenly seems to have a lot more variety in stock now!!

Just tell your CDC that you wanna try them hun....only thing is, when I told mine I wanted to try toffee & walnut I had to buy the whole box...but they were yummy so it didnt matter!!

thanx hun...will give that a go....tho tbh can't see it making much difference to her.....:(

Debz
xx

eemmmmmm......dunno if it will....BUT maybe if you ask her again, and she gives the same answer, a gentle reminder that that CD code of conduct states she must be willing to supply you with a full selection may do the trick.....

I sooo know how you feel though....its horrible knowing other people can try stuf that you cant!! My CDC hadnt even heard of tetras or MaM until I mentioned them and was insistent that there were only 2 soup flavours.....!!

There really isn't any reason why she can't stock all of the products - as has been said, it is in the Code of Conduct and I feel awful if I run out of anything, so make sure I have the whole range.

All products are ordered in the same way, so it's not that some are more difficult to get hold of!

If she still refuses after you've quoted the code of conduct to her, then I think you have no choice but to let CD know (and see if you can change CDCs tbh!)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There really isn't any reason why she can't stock all of the products - as has been said, it is in the Code of Conduct and I feel awful if I run out of anything, so make sure I have the whole range.

All products are ordered in the same way, so it's not that some are more difficult to get hold of!

If she still refuses after you've quoted the code of conduct to her, then I think you have no choice but to let CD know (and see if you can change CDCs tbh!)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cheers Isobel - will give her a call tomorrow...along with a (maybe not so) gentle reminder about the code of conduct !!

so there....;)

Debz
xx

LOL Debz!! You are the client, hun - and the client is always right! (except when we're chatting about blurkes, in which case this CDC is always right hehehehe)

oooough.....me hasn't read up on code of conduct....good job I am a good girl and have them all otherwise would have had head chopped off by many people!!!:rolleyes:

Strange woman. Put your foot down!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

....stock ALL the flavours ??!!!

Got a full list of the flavours this morning and phoned my order through....got home tonite to find a message on my answer machine to say she 'doesn't stock Chocolate bars or Toffee & Walnut Shakes'....

...is this OK ??? or should I insist on getting these flavours..?

HELP ???????????:confused:

Thanx

Debz
xx

Hi Ya Debz

This interests me big time because my CDC dosent stock. Toffee and walnut, Chocolate bars, mushroom soup or spicy tomato. I have found myself ordering off ebay (only 5 bars) so that I could taste the chocolate. I was told by my CDC that she could get them for me but I would have to buy the full box!!! :( So I want to see if I like them first!!

I'm with Isobel on this one: not only is it in the CDC Code of Conduct to have a full range of stock on offer to clients - I feel awful if I run out of something so make sure I have sufficient supplies even if that means re-ordering twice a week if necessary!

I operate a 'pick and mix' system where my clients just select 21 (or 28) packs of whatever variety they want - and always offer to swap packs if they don't like a particular flavour/product.

Isobel's right (as ever! ;) ) - it would be an idea to talk to her and see if she'll get you want you want and, if not, maybe see about changing CDCs or even talking to CD Head Office.

Good luck - and keep us posted!

Wish I could change CDCs :( My CDC basically told me that she knows that she offers the best service in NI and therefore she is happy with the way she does things. This was in reply to me asking for water flavourings , toffee walnut shake and chocolate bars. She said if I wanted them I had to order a box of each and she told me she didnt think that I would like them anyhow. Oh and she said the same thing about spicy tomato!!

I'm sure CD would frown on a CDC advising clients against their products!!!

Such bad business sense, let alone downright rude!

Wouldn't do any harm to give CD a ring to see if anyone else has recently qualified in NI. Failing that, all you NI folk should go get trained yourself! A monopoly purely serves the interest of one person (and not the right one!). That attitude makes me cross!!!!

I'm sure CD would frown on a CDC advising clients against their products!!!

Such bad business sense, let alone downright rude!

Wouldn't do any harm to give CD a ring to see if anyone else has recently qualified in NI. Failing that, all you NI folk should go get trained yourself! A monopoly purely serves the interest of one person (and not the right one!). That attitude makes me cross!!!!

Your right about the monopoly....my CDC is pretty poor, but even since I mentioned I might train to be a CDC (which she did her utmost to put me off doing) she seems to have improved somewhat....bizarre really...:confused:

Back