Are eggs free or superfree foods? What is the difference?

Carthago delenda est

Silver Member
Hey guys,

I'm on my second day of SW and I've just had a breakfast of scrambled eggs and bacon on toast.

I'm trying to fill in my food diary however and I am not sure which column to put foods in.

What is the difference between free and superfree food and which would eggs come under?

Thanks very much!

i think eggs are superfree as they are free on both plans, but its just considered free now as only fruit and veg are superfree....maybe someone can clear this up and im confused to

When there was only Green / original days, anything free on both plans was referred to as 'superfree' (egg, ff yogs, cottage cheese, fruit & veg etc). Since the introduction of Extra Easy slimming world have decreed that only specific fruits & vegs are 'superfree'. I really DO wish they would consider their terminology more carefully :(

Oh, right guys, this makes more sense. So I should have had some fruit/veg with my breakfast then? I'm still stuffed, so I think I'll just have some extra at lunch or as a snack later!

Thanks ever so much for your help!

When there was only Green / original days, anything free on both plans was referred to as 'superfree' (egg, ff yogs, cottage cheese, fruit & veg etc). Since the introduction of Extra Easy slimming world have decreed that only specific fruits & vegs are 'superfree'. I really DO wish they would consider their terminology more carefully :(

Has that changed since they issued the little EE booklet at the beginning of 2009? In there is says Superfree are marked with a star and Eggs and Quark and v low fat cottage chees, fromage frais and yogurt are all starred.

Has that changed since they issued the little EE booklet at the beginning of 2009? In there is says Superfree are marked with a star and Eggs and Quark and v low fat cottage chees, fromage frais and yogurt are all starred.

The latest food optimising book has those listed under Free Foods and not Superfree. They have stars by them, but only so that you know that some flavoured versions have syns. :8855:

The latest food optimising book has those listed under Free Foods and not Superfree. They have stars by them, but only so that you know that some flavoured versions have syns. :8855:
A year and a half on and no-one's every told me that!! Thankfully I made it to target anyway.

lowrygirl, if it aint broke, don't fix it, I suppose! lol
I have 2008's book, then this years, so can't comment on 2009, but you get the jist from above xx

hahaha, thank you! [I think you need to have 50 posts to 'thank'] x

Back