Are my syns correct??

t11cky

Am I working this out right, do you think??

Breakfast -
2 weetabix (Healthy B)
Milk about 250ml (Healthy A)

Lunch
Chicken Salad (No Syns)
2 Scan Brans (2 syns)
Tea spoon of Tesco light Ceaser salad dressing (1 syn)
2 Laughing Cow extra light (2 syns)
Muller light (no syns)
Banana (No syns)

Tea
SW KFC Chicken 1/2 of full recipe so 1 slice of brown bread (3 syns)
Oven Cooked Chips (No syns)
Baked Beans (No Syns)

Supper
Batchelors Light Noodles (no Syns)

Snacks 2 x go ahead bars (5syns)

Over the day (2 pints of Pepsi Max) (0 syns)

Do you agree with me??

Hi again - your syns look alright but as you're following EE you're brekkie, tea & supper seem to be lacking in the old Superfree department :wave_cry:

Saying that, you're losing well - congrats, but you might find adding a bit more SF will keep you satisfied a bit longer.

Hi again - your syns look alright but as you're following EE you're brekkie, tea & supper seem to be lacking in the old Superfree department :wave_cry:

Saying that, you're losing well - congrats, but you might find adding a bit more SF will keep you satisfied a bit longer.

Yeah, Fair point as was bloody hungry watching the football earlier!! So instead of doing what I would have done a few weeks and got got a load of biscuits I went for some noodles!! :)

Hi

I struggle to find superfree foods to eat with breakfast unless I have tomatoes, mushrooms, beans etc in a cooked breakfast.

I usually have porridge but don't like it with fruit.

Suggestions appreciated?

Hi

I struggle to find superfree foods to eat with breakfast unless I have tomatoes, mushrooms, beans etc in a cooked breakfast.

I usually have porridge but don't like it with fruit.

Suggestions appreciated?

Only thing I have been having is a banana after my breakfast, some days!!

When you say you don't like it with fruit do you mean fruit actually in your porridge?

If so, and you don't mind fruit per se, what about 1/2 grapefruit / banana / pineapple / mango etc etc, whilst the porridge is cooking? I personally munch on some pineapple or melon whilst mine is cooking or whilst my weetabix is soaking in my yoghurt.

If you don't really like fruit at all, then yes, I agree it can be a bit difficult having SF with cereal - unless you don't mind mixing sweet with savoury (a glass of passata perhaps ..... well, it's not too dissimilar to tomato juice!).

The SF is there to make you 'need' less free or syn'd food and also to help satisfy you for longer. If your porridge keeps you going till lunch (or till a SF snack before lunch), then don't stress it - just go without any SF.

Hope this helps.

p.s - beans (with cooked brekkie) are free, not superfree. Toms & mushrooms are good though

Am I working this out right, do you think??

Breakfast -
2 weetabix (Healthy B)
Milk about 250ml (Healthy A)

Lunch
Chicken Salad (No Syns)
2 Scan Brans (2 syns)
Tea spoon of Tesco light Ceaser salad dressing (1 syn)
2 Laughing Cow extra light (2 syns)
Muller light (no syns)
Banana (No syns)

Tea
SW KFC Chicken 1/2 of full recipe so 1 slice of brown bread (3 syns)
Oven Cooked Chips (No syns)
Baked Beans (No Syns)

Supper
Batchelors Light Noodles (no Syns)

Snacks 2 x go ahead bars (5syns)

Over the day (2 pints of Pepsi Max) (0 syns)

Do you agree with me??

Which Go-ahead bar did you have - I can't see any that are only 2.5 syns?

Which Go-ahead bar did you have - I can't see any that are only 2.5 syns?

Thankyou, You are right!!
I had Go Ahead Forest fruit yogurt bars and yes you are right they are 3.5 syns not 2.5 syns!!
Brings me upto 15 syns, not 13 syns!!

So I can still :D

HI MATE ,
MY HUSBAND IS ON THIS ,HE TAKES LARGE TIN OF BEANS(FREE ON GREEN DAYS) FOR BREAKFAST,
WITH TWO SLICES OF PRE COOKED TOAST (400G LOAF) FOR HIS BREAKFAST 1 HEALTHY EXTRA
THEN HAS FRUIT WITH MULLER LIGHT YOUGHART (FREE)

LUNCH IS:
QUORN CURRY WITH RICE SWEETCORN PEAS MUSHROOMS ONIONS IN (HOME MADE)AGAIN MORE FRUIT .

WHEN HE COMES HOME IT IS STIR FRY VEG WITH NOODLES AND A SPICEY CHICKEN MADE OUT OF ONE OF THE MONTHLY BOOKS.

HE EATS GRAPES, LOTS OF THEM WHEN HE WATCHES TV OR HE WOULD NEVER BE OUT OF THE KITCHEN CUPBOARD .

HE IS A HEAVEY PLANT MACHINE OPPERATOR A BIG GUY HIS WEIGHT WHEN HE STARTED WAS 21st (6FT 2") HE JUST WEIGHT IN AND IS NOW 18ST 10lbs .
HE STARTED 30th JAN 2012 .
HE IS A FADDY EATER ANYTHING NEW HE IS UNWILLING TO TRY,

BUT HE IS GOING FOR IT THIS TIME HE WILL TRY ANYTHING AND HE IS HAPPY TO COOK OUT OF THE MONTHLY BOOKS , ITS GREAT I GET A REST HE LOVES TO COOK NOW.

Last edited:
HI MATE ,
MY HUSBAND IS ON THIS ,HE TAKES LARGE TIN OF BEANS(FREE ON GREEN DAYS) FOR BREAKFAST,
WITH TWO SLICES OF PRE COOKED TOAST (400G LOAF) FOR HIS BREAKFAST 1 HEALTHY EXTRA
THEN HAS FRUIT WITH MULLER LIGHT YOUGHART (FREE)

LUNCH IS:
QUORN CURRY WITH RICE SWEETCORN PEAS MUSHROOMS ONIONS IN (HOME MADE)AGAIN MORE FRUIT .

WHEN HE COMES HOME IT IS STIR FRY VEG WITH NOODLES AND A SPICEY CHICKEN MADE OUT OF ONE OF THE MONTHLY BOOKS.

HE EATS GRAPES, LOTS OF THEM WHEN HE WATCHES TV OR HE WOULD NEVER BE OUT OF THE KITCHEN CUPBOARD .

HE IS A HEAVEY PLANT MACHINE OPPERATOR A BIG GUY HIS WEIGHT WHEN HE STARTED WAS 21st (6FT 2") HE JUST WEIGHT IN AND IS NOW 18ST 10lbs .
HE STARTED 30th JAN 2012 .
HE IS A FADDY EATER ANYTHING NEW HE IS UNWILLING TO TRY,

BUT HE IS GOING FOR IT THIS TIME HE WILL TRY ANYTHING AND HE IS HAPPY TO COOK OUT OF THE MONTHLY BOOKS , ITS GREAT I GET A REST HE LOVES TO COOK NOW.

He is doing brilliant, that's nearly an average of 1/2 a stone a week!! :jelous:
We sound like we have a fair bit in common but have to admit he braver than me, I cant bring myself to try Quorn!! I have been eating loads of chicken but refuse to try Quorn :eek:
Its great to hear about another man in a similair position to be!! I am sure he will agree the best thing for me is getting back into clothes that were a bit small before joining SW!!

Give quorn a go , to be honest he was the same , to quote him "its not natural not to eat meat" but i soaked it in bovril (chicken stock with the curry mix i get from the herron food shop 99p a box ) put sweet corn onions , garlic crushed( he do's not like garlic eaither he said)boiled rice , he loves it .
you can add veg like peas if you want.
i do similar with spag bol but use the quorn mince for that and use the bolignase recipe out of the sw book add a bit of bovril, (beef) to it and he's a fan, shepherds pie is another . with loads of veg,
all on green days .
He's so happy with it , especially when he can get back to his 38 jeans and has now ditched the xxxl belt he has been wearing .
the only thing he has a problem with is his excess tummy flab he cant seem to get it to tighten up ,
He has had a spinal op and can't do sit ups so any surgestions would be greatfully recieved.
he walks more now, has bought a machine to walk on, he will do half hour most nights when at home.
he feels great he said and bending at work is much easier.

I think I will get my hubby to read this thread! Just to read other guys are doing it and doing so well might encourage him to join me. He'll eat the sw meals I cook but eats the wrong things at work and in the evenings. He's 6ft 4 and about 19st. He would love to be back in his 38" jeans!!

t11cky said:
He is doing brilliant, that's nearly an average of 1/2 a stone a week!! :jelous:
We sound like we have a fair bit in common but have to admit he braver than me, I cant bring myself to try Quorn!! I have been eating loads of chicken but refuse to try Quorn :eek:
Its great to hear about another man in a similair position to be!! I am sure he will agree the best thing for me is getting back into clothes that were a bit small before joining SW!!

My husband is the same re Quorn
But the mince is fine and the meatballs are good ( he didn't really notice the difference) he is lucky I do all his cooking.. He has lost 33 lb in 8 weeks :)

going to try the meatballs he might like them if i do the sw pasta sauce will let you know how it go's ,
Got a question for anyone out there, he is fed up of fruit is there an alternative free pudding i can make him , he has to have a pudding after his main meal, (a habbit from his childhood days a ) could do with some help there please.
I dont know about you but i find that a lot of our habits are from when we were young and our parents made us fill up with bread, and potatoes , cooked meats done in fat ect we were even made to eat bread with our fruit on sunday tea, or we could not leave the table .
Sorry if i am rambleing (i am a woman of late 50s) so younger people may not know what i am talking about.

he has done well men find the whole thing a bit of a chore , and keeping them motivated is hard , tell him to keep up the good work, thoes jeans size 38 are waiting for him.:D;)

going to try the meatballs he might like them if i do the sw pasta sauce will let you know how it go's ,
Got a question for anyone out there, he is fed up of fruit is there an alternative free pudding i can make him , he has to have a pudding after his main meal, (a habbit from his childhood days a ) could do with some help there please.
I dont know about you but i find that a lot of our habits are from when we were young and our parents made us fill up with bread, and potatoes , cooked meats done in fat ect we were even made to eat bread with our fruit on sunday tea, or we could not leave the table .
Sorry if i am rambleing (i am a woman of late 50s) so younger people may not know what i am talking about.

It's so true! we were always encouraged to finish everything on our plates, thereby fostering the idea of carrying on eating even when you are full! I never did develop an 'off' switch when it comes to food. Meals always had more filling bits, like, suet pudding, pastry, bread, to eke out the good stuff like meat, and I was one of the lucky one as we lived with my Gran who grew a lot of her own veggies and kept chickens

:sign0007:OOOPS!!!!:cry:
i must have got something wrong this week , not sure, i am checking my food diary, the old man stayed the same i,:mad:
i gained 1lb had the same to eat too , :sigh:i seem to loose the most on green days.
He did addmit to a cheet this week,
steak bake and kit kat at work as he was working realy late and he was starving no food left in his in his bag and he had a cornetto driving home.
me i stuck to it possibly not eating enough but i was not hungery, not working now been retired through ill health, ( had an op on my knee not sucessfull enough for my return to work ) have excersised though.
any thoughts on starting to move again:help2:

Hi there, hope you don't mind but I couldn't help having a little nosey at your diary!

sherlann said:
It's so true! we were always encouraged to finish everything on our plates, thereby fostering the idea of carrying on eating even when you are full! I never did develop an 'off' switch when it comes to food.

This really rings home to me. I eat so much and can't stop until I feel over-full. My Dad use to cook me ridiculous size portions as a kid (I have memories of having a complete bag of mr mash to myself with 5 sausages sticking out like a hedgehog covered in gravy & peas! Honestly, what 11 year old needs that much food?!). Now my other half is nearly double my size but I can eat more than double the amount of food he can!

Back