Are power plates any good?

lostkelly

Silver Member
I have started to turn my spare room into a mini gym, I currently have a cross trainer, a treadmill and just ordered a rowing machine, but I have also been told about these power plates that are good for toning. Has anyone had any experience with them. It seems too good to be true that a 10 mins workout on this is equivalent to a 60 mins workout without one.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Kelly x

Hi kelly.ive tried the power plates and after my first month i lost 10 inches, i had to stop using them because of a bad back.they are a very quick way of working out and its not too hard either. might be worth a go.
I think u can rent them so maybe if u did that for a month or two and see what the results are like instead of buying one now and regretting it later! :)

I've got a power plate in my home gym. At first, I couldn't feel any difference when I worked out on it to when I didn't....so I gave up on it and it gathered dust in the corner for a few months.
Now I've joined a Virgin Active gym for their classes and pool and they have power plates there. I asked one of the trainers to give me a quick lesson and after 10 mins my core was so exhausted I felt sick!
I've tried the exercises on my home one now and I can definitaly feel and see the difference. So yes, by all means they are a great piece of kit to get...but make sure you use it properly.

yes, they are awesome.

but like others have said, but only if used properly. i dont own one i use the one in the gym, i had to have an induction to use it proper and after that sesh my legs and arms felt like lead, proper acheing.

aislingb said:
Hi kelly.ive tried the power plates and after my first month i lost 10 inches, i had to stop using them because of a bad back.they are a very quick way of working out and its not too hard either. might be worth a go.
I think u can rent them so maybe if u did that for a month or two and see what the results are like instead of buying one now and regretting it later! :)

10 inches, wow!

Thank you for all your replies.
I think I might give it a go and I will definitely read up and get the most out of it.
I'm soo excited a new gadget!
Night all
Kelly x

10 inches, wow!

Thank you for all your replies.
I think I might give it a go and I will definitely read up and get the most out of it.
I'm soo excited a new gadget!
Night all
Kelly x

good luck with it hun..you've got me thinking maybe i should buy my own one and stick it in the spare room :p

Back