Are some Healthy Extra 'better' than others?

kingleds

Gold Member
Hi
I joined SW about a month ago and I am struggling with Healthy Extras. Firstly my conusltant says you have eat all of HEX and if you don't then you have to syn it- which is just weird and she hasn't really explained properly why this is the case!. Second I wondered if any knew if some healthy extras or better for you than others? For example, there's obviously less sugar in 2 Weetabix than there in 2 Alpen Light Bars so should I be sticking to Weetabix, boring as it is?!?

Thanks!

Hi and welcome :)

Some consultants do say this, and I don't know why as the FAQ's on the SW website contradicts this.

As for some being better than others, it's your choice. The healthy extras are there to provide calcium (A choice) and fibre (B choice) so they'll all give you the recommended amount of those things.

I generally use my B choice for porridge, weetabix, bread or ryvita. I tend not to bother with cereal bars.

From the SW website

Do I have to eat all my Healthy Extras every day?
A: It won't affect your weight loss if you don't take all your Healthy Extra choices. However, the Healthy Extra section is there to ensure a balanced diet, so from a health point of view we recommend that you enjoy all your Healthy Extras each day.

I know this refers to eating all (as in all choices) but, to me, it's the same principle!

Back