Are some men really this shallow?

Hello there. I think your 'friend' is the one who's in the wrong. She sounds like a right attention seeker. That shows just how needy she is. If I were you I'd be grateful that you don't have to lower yourself to that level to get attention, after all he wanted to talk to you!
Next time you're out and about have a look round at all the long term and married couples. I bet you anything that all the good looking guys are with natural, nice, decent women (slim or not) I can tell you that no man wants to be with such a flirt or someone who needs constant attention (at least not for more than it takes to get a leg over!)
If I were you I'd ditch the friend and tell her that a friendship is about two people, not all one way!
As for the guy...his loss!
Ceri

I despair !

Not all men are a***holes and shallow, in fact many of you ladies can be just as shallow.

I think we can all be a little tactless at times.

Hey guy's!

Don't be offended or despairing.... I for one definately know that not all men are like this.... my husband is a wonderful, kind, caring man who really is the best thing that's happened to me (as well as my kids of course)......

It's nice to know there are 'nice guys' still out there.... thing is some girls don't appreciate a 'nice guy'......:rolleyes:

and I totally agree some girls can be equally if not moreso shallow..... Em's friend and some of my 'ex' friends are proof of that.....!! )and isn't that appaling English I've just written....LOL!!!)

Last edited:
She sounds like a right slapper!! Bin her off and come down to Bournemouth and come for a girly night our with me!!!!! ;)

i m going to play devils advocate here, from reading your posts i would say you havent got a great deal of self confidence, you put yourself down.
I am with a group of friends and myself being the largest even after losing 7 stone in weight, im the first person nearly every time we go out who gets attention from men, i get asked for my number and offered drinks which i decline as im happily married. My twin used to be peeved as she was the skinny one and they would go for me, the difference is that I have a hugh amount of self belief, I have a great time out and dont need to get attention, I act myself no frills ect and have a very good sense of humour (not to mention a big head lol) In my view men will always go for personality instead of the wall flower. Think to yourself if You put yourself down why should anyone else be interested. Size has nothing to do with it, Love yourself and dont give a **** what anyone else thinks . Also i suggest dont tell your friend who you fancy or maybe you should point someone out that you dont lol

julesrush

Back