Are the SW magazines worth buying?

Ch3rrie

Hi everyone,

I was thinking about buying the sw mags, but I am not sure if it will be worth buying. I go to a group and have access to the website.
Is there anything different in it? I find inspiration and a lot of information on this forum too.
I guess it would be nice to flick through, but I don't want to waste money on them!

I would say yes, they are worth buying. I go to group with my sister so we take turns to buy them.

I use the website a lot but still prefer picking up the magazine and reading through it. Some of the recipes are fantastic and there are inspirational stories and some good advice and tips as well.

Are the recipes different to the ones on the website?
I'm going to buy one and see how I like it.
It's a good idea to take turns in buying them. My mum, sister, Aunty and Nana go to a different group to me so if I suggest doing that with them it'll be good and lots cheaper.

Yes, there are usually different recipes in the magazine. Good idea to buy one, see how you like it and then decide.

Omg, I love the magazine! Even when i wasnt on SW I used to buy it for the food ideas. Theres some lovely fashion and fitness features too, which is nice!
Great value for money IMO, even here in Ireland where it varies between €3.90 and €4.40!

Thanks everyone, I am definitely getting one at my next weigh in. Even better that it's cheaper as a member :)

I always buy them but have been a little disappointed in the last 2 issues, they don't seem as packed with articles and recipes as previous issues

i really enjoy reading the magazines

I always enjoy the mag and look forward to the new issue. There's always lots of yummy recipes and inspirational stories in it.

How often do they come out? I assumed it was every week or 2.

Oh! Not as often as I thought then. I really thought they were more often and that was why I wasn't sure if I wanted to get them as I didn't want a pile of magazines, or waste money on a ton of magazines!

I love the magazine. As someone has said, even before I joined SW I used to buy the magazines. I really the success stories and like reading back on them when I need inspiration. And lets face it, with a minimum of 4 stone to loose, I need the motivation!

I enjoy the magazine for the stories, recipies and the syns as they do features on different foods like this one is on crisps .

Back