Are the SW magazines worth buying?

I like the food news section the best which has the latest updates on healthy extras and foods that are free on green and red days aswell as new choices and recommendations xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I love the mags, have just bought the latest one but not had chance to flick through yet. Some of my favourite "go to" recipes are from previous mags, I definitely mainly buy them for the recipes rather than the stories.

I found the same about the past 2 mags, not as good as usual, the recipes arent really things that i would cook? a bit boring maybe?

I buy the mags .... I have every single Mag since i joined last January .....i look back and re read regularly they are fab for food ideas and have made things i wouldnt have ever tried but thanks to Mag they are now regular meals

If you are veggie they are a waste of money - IMO - I used to get my MIL to buy them whilst we were away but told her not to bother now.

I love the mag and get really excited when the new issue is due, I also keep them and flick through them when planning my meals for recipes

The inspirational stories are amazing too, I'd love to be a cover girl or have my story in the mag :)

I love the success stories (dont we all ha) and i too flick through it f
when planning weekly shop but i find that some recipes are very similar.. the recipes dont always turn out well but still i think is worth buying. i'm subscribed to it which is good as it comes early through my letter box and i get it slightly cheaper than shop price..

I really look forward to them, they give me a few new ideas for menu plans and recipes. This months I can't wait to try the meatball bake and spiced chicken drumsticks. It's worth keeping up with healthy extra news and syn ideas as well, I think. And reading how well other people have done helps keep me on track.

I like the stories in em. i don't find the recipes helpful but I'm vegan so it wouldn't be relevant, i still buy them though as they are good to flick through on a rubbish day and remind yourself why your doing it

I love the magazines - each week when I do my menu planning I have a flick through to choose a new meal or two to try :D

I really look forward to them, they give me a few new ideas for menu plans and recipes. This months I can't wait to try the meatball bake and spiced chicken drumsticks. It's worth keeping up with healthy extra news and syn ideas as well, I think. And reading how well other people have done helps keep me on track.

I made the meatball bake the other day with beef and it was lovely.. Clean plates all round here

I always buy the magazine but feel a bit disappointed that they really focus on EE with very little, if any, stuff for red and green days. I know EE is the main focus these days but red and green are still there to follow x

I always buy the magazine but feel a bit disappointed that they really focus on EE with very little, if any, stuff for red and green days. I know EE is the main focus these days but red and green are still there to follow x

I agree Hun. Its nice to see a mix of all the plans xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

This is why I stopped buying it - too much emphasis on EE. The last mag I bought had maybe 3 veggie recipes in it. There are plenty of recipes on this forum and the net in general these days.. IMO - There are only so many inspirational stories you can read.

I feel the same, when EE first came out they used to still focus a bit on the red/green days, this seems to have changed now xx

I actually thought the mag this month was the best one for ages, there are so many decent recipes in there. The pulled pork & meatball bake look so good, can't wait to make them. I also love the little tips in there about new syn free food and the crisp guide is muchly helpful xx

Back