Are there any dangers with CDC?

Mark290

I was watching a tv show where it had an example of a woman who had to have her appendix removed after a similar diet? And the doctor said at least ten people he treated with the same condition had been on a similar diet.

Paranoid!

your appendix is an irrelevant part of the anatomy, its stuck in there from the days where we used to eat grass and leaves, it helped us digest them... these days is is an irrelevant part of the anatomy and you only get infection in it when a piece of food lodges in it, goes off, expells gas, expands and pops.... thus an apendectomy, it happens to anybody, not just because they are on a specific diet.

your appendix is an irrelevant part of the anatomy, its stuck in there from the days where we used to eat grass and leaves, it helped us digest them... these days is is an irrelevant part of the anatomy and you only get infection in it when a piece of food lodges in it, goes off, expells gas, expands and pops.... thus an apendectomy, it happens to anybody, not just because they are on a specific diet.

That maybe true but you'll also agree that if it can be helped no one would want to go through surgery if it can be prevented, what I was asking was if the diet encouragous the need for this or wether it was just a coincidence and not very common

Not sure mate sorry, I know there can be some side effects, but there are side effects to everything and not everyone gets them. But I think the benefits of loosing large amounts of weight more than outweigh possible side effects (IMO)
I think you should tell your CDC you are worried about this, and maybe they will have a good answer, or google the question and see if there are some discussions?

Lots of the stories you read in papers and see on tv are just scaremongering, and in a lot of cases complete fabrications!
The Cambridge Diet has been around a long time and extremely well researched by scientists and professors. It was originally developed in the 1970's but didn't actually come to the market until the 80's. The idea behind it was to create a weight loss method, that would be very low in calories, and get maximum results in the quickest time, whilst being 100% safe.
CD offers a complete form of nutrition for the body, even if no food is taken with it, you will still get all the vitamins and minerals your body needs for perfect health.

I think it might just be a coincidence. At any rate, if you look at the number of people that do cambridge all over the world, versus the number that get appendectomies, it's probably nly a very slight chance.
I'm sure if it was a real concern, Cambridge would have looked into it! :)

Back