Are there apps for workouts in the gym?

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by mrsp14, 18 January 2014.

1. mrsp14

mrsp14 Member

So I'm going to the gym and I know I'll work better with a program but am reluctant to do the same thing Everytime as it will get boring quickly!!
    So I was wondering if anyone knows of a good app that generates a program for the gym?
  2. Michybug

Michybug Member

Hi. I use Map My Ride as you can manually put in a type of exercise and how long you did it for and it works out the calories burnt off :)
  3. fatcatlady

fatcatlady Member

There's a whole series of apps called Simply... (Eg Simply Arms, Simply Abs, Simply Yoga etc) there are free and paid for versions, but they give you a choice of duration of workout to target that specific area, and you need nothing more than a weight and a mat for most. Also I've been told of one called Gorilla, but I haven't tried it.
  4. mrsp14

mrsp14 Member

I've seen all the workout without a gym type ones.... I'm after something that will give me workout to do at the gym... Like 20 mins elliptical then weights... What weights etc....
  5. fatcatlady

fatcatlady Member

I was just browsing on the App Store and I think I found something- a free app called Pumpup. Seems close to what you were looking for, but as Ive JUST downloaded it I can't say that I've tried it yet