Are those basic packets of noodles free ??

I know the mugshot ones are if they are less than 1% fat, so perhaps you can use that as a guide???

if you give me the nutritional values I'll have a look for you if you like

Basic/Non Branded Foods Pasta, Noodles, dried, plain, all types 28g dry

0 Syn on Extra Easy Original 5½ Syns Green Free

Ooops just found this though

Tesco Value, Bacon Instant Noodles, made up as directed, dried 100g cooked

3 Syns on Extra Easy Original 8½ Syns Green 3 Syns

Are you talking about egg noodles or the packet noodles like supernoodles??? if egg noodles then yes they free if like above supernoodles (tesco make) like bacon then no hth :)

The reason why instant noodles are so high in syns is because they are deep fried first before packaging. This is why they cook so quickly as they have been cooked already. So the syns are in the noodles not the powder and if you check the ingredients most of them have palm oil listed as the second or third ingredient.

The reason why instant noodles are so high in syns is because they are deep fried first before packaging. This is why they cook so quickly as they have been cooked already. So the syns are in the noodles not the powder and if you check the ingredients most of them have palm oil listed as the second or third ingredient.

Where did you learn this? Egg noodles and fat free supernoodles cook just as quickly, so I am confused! :confused:

Where did you learn this? Egg noodles and fat free supernoodles cook just as quickly, so I am confused! :confused:

Hi Jerrice! Yeah it stunned me too when I found out. The low fat noodles are usually baked first rather than fried and as for plain egg/rice noodles I think they're more like a pasta and haven't been precooked at all. I did some digging and found this on wikipedia, hope it explains better than I can.

Instant noodles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Health concerns
Instant noodles are often criticized as being unhealthy or junk food. A single serving of instant noodles is high in carbohydrates but low in fiber, vitamins and minerals. Noodles are typically fried as part of the manufacturing process, resulting in high levels of saturated fat and/or trans fat. Additionally, if served in an instant broth, instant noodles typically contain high amounts of sodium. The current U.S. Recommended Dietary Allowance of sodium for adults and children over 4 years old is 2,400 mg/day. Some brands may have over 3,000 mg of sodium per package in extreme cases. Instant noodles and the flavoring soup base also contain high amounts of monosodium glutamate."

Hi Jerrice! Yeah it stunned me too when I found out. The low fat noodles are usually baked first rather than fried and as for plain egg/rice noodles I think they're more like a pasta and haven't been precooked at all. I did some digging and found this on wikipedia, hope it explains better than I can.

Instant noodles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Health concerns
Instant noodles are often criticized as being unhealthy or junk food. A single serving of instant noodles is high in carbohydrates but low in fiber, vitamins and minerals. Noodles are typically fried as part of the manufacturing process, resulting in high levels of saturated fat and/or trans fat. Additionally, if served in an instant broth, instant noodles typically contain high amounts of sodium. The current U.S. Recommended Dietary Allowance of sodium for adults and children over 4 years old is 2,400 mg/day. Some brands may have over 3,000 mg of sodium per package in extreme cases. Instant noodles and the flavoring soup base also contain high amounts of monosodium glutamate."

Yikes! Thanks for that!

Back