Are we allowed sugar free jelly on cd

Hi,

A friend was saying that ya are allowed sugar free jelly while on cd sole source so I rang my cdc and he said no way. Does anyone else know about this?

I don't know for sure but i would say no way. I thought the idea of sole source was exactly that nowt but the CD stuff and water

nope it's not allowed because the sugar free jelly contains citric acid, which they say knocks you out of ketosis and slows the fat burning, so slower weight losses.

The shakes mixed with mixamousse make a very passable mousse/ jelly...
I wonder if your friend meant this?
I alwasy feel the texture is a little more jellifed than moussy maybe i'm putting too much gelatine in though?

x

I got a jelly recipe from my cdc today amongst all my info for my restart:

Add 2 scoops of mix a moose and some water flavouring powder (to your own taste) to half a litre of cold water and mix with a food mixer or similar at very high speed for a minute or two. There should not be any white lumps in it, and pop it in the fridge until set.

You can eat this on top of your cambridge pack allowance and is great to keep in the fridge for the times when you feel you need something extra.

Enjoy!

Hey Miss Unkown, how are you getting on? xx

Add 2 scoops of mix a moose and some water flavouring powder (to your own taste) to half a litre of cold water and mix with a food mixer or similar at very high speed for a minute or two. There should not be any white lumps in it, and pop it in the fridge until set.

You can eat this on top of your cambridge pack allowance and is great to keep in the fridge for the times when you feel you need something extra.

Enjoy!

Hmm... I suppose it's better to have this than go on a full blown binge, but I was under the impression that you could only have 1 scoop of mix-a-mousse a day?

There's a post in the stickies that seems to show this is the case http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...urings-mousse-mix-quantities.html#post1325707

Sorry to be a kill-joy... :eek:

oh i dont know - I'll have to raise that with my cdc, she gave me a list full of recipes, the jelly being one of them...hmmmm

Thanks for that! One to definately ask about.

OOh im guessing im the friend lol

Im baffled now, ive been having jelly all the time as my CDC said it was ok???

Think ill stay clear now, thanks hunny

x

just seen your visitor message, Yep and was just about to put ya in that direction now lol,but ya beat me to it. Anyways had a chat with cdc again and he said its best to stay clear, if its not in the book then its not allowed. He did say what the other girls were saying that ya can have mix a mousse and something mixed but as that contains gelatine then im staying well away from both!

why are you two both wanting to stay away frrom thee gelatine in mix a mousse? does it effect weight loss?

Enjoy!

I've got this 'recipie' too from my CDC. She said I can eat this freely, as much as I want. Is this right becasue as far as I am aware you are only allowed 1 serving of water flavouring and one serving of mix-a-mousse a day.

So, what if I wanted to flavour my water, have a mousse for dinner and have some jelly, is that OK?:wave_cry:

Have just picked a counsellor, going to call her soon! Really hope she gives me jelly ideas n what not! Anything to keep me going... id like some of that water flavouring... is it like squash?... id LOVE that!. x

It isn't exactly like squash but it does give a nice enough flavour rather than drinking plain water constantly. Remember though, you are not allowed it until week 3

Sugar free jelly is a no no

Re mousse mix and flavourings you are allowed only 1 teaspoon of savoury flavouring, 1 teaspoon of sweet flavouring or 1 scoop of mousse per day not 1 of each.

If you wanted to make jelly you could use half scoop of mousse and half teaspoon of flavouring.

So its only 1 portion per day from the above not 1 portion of each.

The recipe for 2 scoops and 1 teaspoon of flavouring is not part of the CD SS, SS+ or 810 programmes.

why are you two both wanting to stay away frrom thee gelatine in mix a mousse? does it effect weight loss?

Im a vegetarian hun thats the only reason!

Back