Are we allowed to talk about Lost yet? CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!

julie19

Silver Member
Can we start discussing it yet (without ruining it for anyone else), I am desperate to talk to someone!!!

Last edited:
No - I sat there at the end waiting for another episode to start - I couldn't work it out and last night I thought about it way too much so consequently didn't sleep much either!!! I did read though that if you buy the season 6 box set the final episode has another 20 minutes on it that we didn't get to see and my colleagues that watch it in Canada said there were 3 alternate endings over there - we didn't get that did we?

OH MY GOD i didnt sleep either.
and when i did sleep i dremt i was with them and was asking what was going on!

saddo me.
x

Id say theres nothing wrong with discussing it on here, its clear from the thread youve seen it, you might want to amend the heading of the thread to 'includes spoilers' then its really clear for people who havent seen it yet :)

I haven't seen any of it since the end of season 2! Going to buy the boxset when it comes out and take a month off work to watch it all lol :D

I can't stop trying to "work" it out - once the title of the thread has been changed we can talk openly about it right?? till then i'm guessing I can't actually write anything about it?? argh i need to know what it was all about!!! hahaha

here goes.....

i am confused as to when they all died!
see i think the island was real and the survived but they had to prove themselves and then they died and went to that nice place which was purgatory. That side line place in the real life was purgatory and happened regardless and they just joined there and realised they knew one another when they died. as jacks dad said everything on the island happeend. I think i feel a lost marathon coming on lol x

well if they all dies then who were the others & what was the Dharma initiative & when did they all die? People were missing from the church too (as it said in the article you linked), what happened with the numbers & the wheel (again in that article) and how were Hugo & Ben there as they stayed on the island to look after it so doesn't this mean they didn't die...??? Where were Walt & Michael & Ana Lucia etc etc, OMG I could seriously discuss this for months.

I think we have to wait for the film to come out, which will also end in a sodding cliff hanger & we still won't understand totally!!!!!!

ok this is my take on it....

In the end they are all dead, when they died can be unknown for some, such as Kate, sawyer etc... the sideway flash was them in 'limbo' and until they remember they cannot leave to go to the light aka heaven and for them to remember they needed certain prompts.

I think people like Michael and Walt, eko etc wasnt in the church due to bad happenings (not so much walt) but Michael shot Ana lucia etc... so couldnt go to the light

I think Juliet and any other people who wasnt on the plane was in the church due to the link to another person...

What do you think?

well if they all dies then who were the others & what was the Dharma initiative & when did they all die? People were missing from the church too (as it said in the article you linked), what happened with the numbers & the wheel (again in that article) and how were Hugo & Ben there as they stayed on the island to look after it so doesn't this mean they didn't die...??? Where were Walt & Michael & Ana Lucia etc etc, OMG I could seriously discuss this for months.

I think we have to wait for the film to come out, which will also end in a sodding cliff hanger & we still won't understand totally!!!!!!

Is there even a film coming out? I hope so!!!

Everything on the island really happened - they really crashed, there really was a polar bear, Dharma, The Others, Smoke Monster, Jacob, etc, etc.

Once they died, they went to the 'place they created together' - ie, the flash sideways. This was life as they would have liked it to be - eg Sawyer being a cop instead of a conman, Kate being innocent, Jack being a good Dad etc. Jack's dad said 'everyone dies sometime', so some of them died before Jack at the end, eg Juliet, Libby and some after, eg Kate, Sawyer (who flew off the island) and Hurley who stayed to guard the island until it was time for the next keeper to take over and let Hurley die and move on.

They couldn't 'move on together' until Jack had accepted his death, and Jack always had a hard time accepting stuff! Once he did, the doors opened and the light came in.

The reason some people were in the church and not others is to do with the journey they shared together and how important they were to each other. Michael , Walt, Ana Lucia etc weren't that important to Jack (it was his story really), so they weren't there. Penny for example, never set foot on the island, but was important to Desmond, who, in turn was very important to Jack, so she was there.

There are still so many big questions not answered, such as why did Eloise Widmore know so much and how, what was Charles Widmore trying to do, and all the other secrets of the island, but this is the mystery that is Lost :) The story stopped being about the island a while ago and became more about the characters and their personal battles.

Well, that's my take on it anyway :D

Last edited:
Back