Are you 5ft or under and whats your target weight ??

Thanks for that Janie, that's where I'm aiming for then! :)

I started this journey weighing 11stone 6 and heading for the menopause. i initially thought 10 stone would be good. As I lost weight I realised I had been fooling myself saying BMI didn't matter. It does. There is hard evidence that BMI is linked to heart disease and diabetes and high cholesterol. I wanted to be healthy in my retirement not ill !! So I peservered very slowly half a pound a week (over 14 months 11) and have finally hit normal BMI. I had my cholesterol repeated and it has lowered and the surgery I had been waiting to be done, doesn't need to happen now. All i would say is think carefully before dismissing BMI it is the passport to better health and longevity. Although my clothes fitted well at 10 stone, the feeling of dropping two further sizes and not wobbling when I run is incredible. I intend to get to 9 stone which is a few pounds heavier than when i I got married in 1986. i never thought I could change my apple shape to an hour glass but it has happened. I am now 37,32,37 but still only 5 foot 1 !!!!!!! lol xx

Well done on your fantasic loss Brightonrosie. I was 11 stone 2 when I first started and can identify with not missing the wobble when I walk or run :D
I also remember the pain I had when lying in bed and the rolls of fat were pressing up under my ribs. Ouch!
I am aiming for BMI of 24, but will stop when I feel comfortable with the skin I am in.

Michelle

Back