Are you a Cambridge Diet Bore ???

shinyhappyperson

Silver Member
Hubby and I started the diet at the end of January ... both lost over a stone in 3 weeks. People obviously asked questions, then best friend and hubby started. Then another, then another, etc., etc.

There are now 9 people I know doing it. I've lost 3 stone, DH has lost 4 stone, so everywhere we go people ask how we did it.

Problem is I think that is all I am talking about when I go out socially .... is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing the same?

Yep I'm 100% a CD bore!

Gx

You're probably one of the best advertisements for CD I have ever seen .... and an inspiration to us all.

Thank you so much! You must be a pretty good advert yourself as 9 people is pretty impressive - you should be on commission!! Funny though isn't it how many people you know end up doing it, at least you have loads of people to share stories with!!

Gxx

My CDC gives me freebies and discounts for the intro's - she is lovely and I am more than happy to recommend her.

Three of my best friends (and DH) are doing it, so it's great having that support there. Plus we can swap shakes when we go off something.

Brillo, sounds like you've got a great little mini CD support group going there!

Gx

I sound really knowledgeable, 'cos I've read all the posts on Minimins and can advise, or I post a message and one of the fab Minimins always has an answer (even fixed my iTunes the other day).

and is here to help even when u want to eat the fridge!! although i saw that you ate the washing machine tut tut!!!!!!

becky xxx I dont think im too bad yet as no one knows im doing it. Id say my bf sick of me talking about cd though god bless him!!

Yeah it's fab isn't it! I saw your post about Itune but have to confess I let my hubby deal with the technic stuff whilst I just get on and enjoy the music!

Gx

Hey Becky, 38lbs and no-one knows? Are they blind? You are doing brilliantly on your own.

One good thing about telling your mates, everyone is passing their clothes on to everyone else. My top half is big and bottom half small, so I swop with the opposites. And the biggest friend of all is being inundated with bags of clothes!

nope no one has noticed really..kinda sad about it but maybe when i have another stone or two of they will :)

becky x

They're probably just jealous that you're losing weight and they're not! Don't let it get you down and keep it up. Shopping in London should be fun :D.

Know what you mean SHP!!

My Mum, cousin, Mums best friend and 2 work colleagues have all started CD since I've started. They are the only people that knew that I was following CD (other than OH). I think they got really interested after I'd been on it for about 2 months - think I'd lost around 2 and a half stone by then. I did feel like I was a CD bore at one point as they were all asking me about the diet independently of one another - and you're sooooo right about minis!! My CDC is ace but you do get to learn lots of additional info from the peeps on here!

Congrats on your weight loss hun - you've done fab! :D Must be nice having hubby doing the same as you at home!

Kj xxx

Not yet, because only my OH and family know. OH has been really supportive but all I got was raised eyebrows and unwanted advice about what happens when it comes off.

So I decided if thats what I get from my family I'm in no hurry to tell anyone else because I know the comments I got when I did high protein and dont need that again.

When I'm done with the diet I'll tell people but for now I'm happy to just bore my husband :D

Back