Are you a hunter, a feeler/shaker or a Saint?

MadamDotty

Back again!
I'm talking about Chrissy pressies of course. Do you hunt them out before they're wrapped and take a peek? Do you wait until they're under the tree, then give them a good shake and/or a feel? Or are you saintly and leave well alone until the big day?

I have to say that I'm a Saint:) I love having surprises and hate knowing what I'm going to get. When I was about 8 years old, my sister found our unwrapped presents and persuaded me to have a look. It was great fun at the time, but I spent the next few weeks racked with guilt and Christmas Day was the worse one I ever had, not one surprise, I knew everything that was coming and it really took the fun out of it for me. And since then I never looked for my pressies again.

And even now I don't usually have a feel or a shake when they're under the tree, I still love having a surprise on Christmas Day, always will.

So what are you, hunter, feeler/shaker or Saint?

xx

I'm a saint!

Oh you mean about pressies? hehe - yeah, I don't even have a little squish of them - I like surprises (but most of the time have a 'delighted' smile pasted on my face in case of extreme disappointment LMTO!!!

Last year I got a pink Prada handbag. NOTHING can top that lol! (unless it's diamonds and I don't think that's going to happen - boo! lol)

As I have got older:rolleyes: deffinately have become a SAINT:cool: LOL.............of sorts:p

I am a saint now. BUT..........

When I was little, (well not little, I never was little, so probably around 9 or 10 years old) I discovered that my mum hid my presents in the wardrobe in the spare bedroom. The following year the key was gone, but I discovered that the key to her own wardrobe fitted the wardrobe in the spare room. The following year that too was gone! So, being the resourceful person I turned out to be, I "borrowed" the key to my gran's wardrobe! Spookily enough, it fitted. I also discovered that my best friend's mum's wardrobe key fitted as well, so I had plenty of options after that! It's amazing how determined I could be when faced with adversity - hmmmmm - perhaps thats how I managed to stick with Lipotrim!

I used to hunt as a child but it was actually not good to find. I think it was my brother leading me astray ! :) These days I am an absolute saint and love suprises !:D

Teehee, Nicky, sounds just like me I'm abit of a mooch when it comes to ALL presies under the tree! In fact I don't just stop at my tree either for the past few years I have wrapped ALL my friends pressies for her family just so I can have a good nose at what they will be getting!
(although I have to confess, I love all the wrapping of the gifts,etc so I do it for the joy of Christmas too)

I prefer to know than have a surprise.

i remember when I was younger, my brothers and I sneaked up into the loft to find our pressies when Mum and Dad were out.

My brothers were mortified when they found them:confused: I was delighted :D (not that they were mortified I should add)

I also felt very cheated that I didn't know the sex of my firstborn whilst I was pregnant. I was so cross with my body for with-holding important info!

I knew with the 2nd one.

as our kids still believe we don't have pressies under the tree so no chance of exploring, although most things i know what i'm getting, but as a kid, different story!
i would hunt all over the place, usually not finding anything & on xmas eve go to bed with a roll of cellotape & once santa had been unwrap my pressies, carefully mind!,& then re wrap them & be totally surprised the next morning LOL :D :D :D

I'm a feeler and a shaker... lol.. have improved over the years but love to guess what things are!

One year (when I was about 10) I snuck (sp) into my parents bedroom, found my presents under their bed (not very inventive eh!) and unwrapped and played with my presents then re-wrapped them.. lol.. one day I shall aspire to sainthood.. but right now? nah... lol Although I have resisted going into Zoes room to sneak a peek at my prezzies :D

Teehee, Nicky, sounds just like me I'm abit of a mooch when it comes to ALL presies under the tree! In fact I don't just stop at my tree either for the past few years I have wrapped ALL my friends pressies for her family just so I can have a good nose at what they will be getting!
(although I have to confess, I love all the wrapping of the gifts,etc so I do it for the joy of Christmas too)

It is a pity you live so far away because I would love you to come and wrap all my family's presents and you could nose all you want LOL

Hope all is well
Pam

Oooh I would too Pam, I'm an absolute menace when it comes to wrapping the pressies, I won't let anyone else near them lol

(have now finished all I have to wrap and was seriously considering rewrapping them just so that I can do it all over again) My friend told me go ahead the kids will be manic on the day cursing Santa for 12 layers of wrap that they'll have to get through on each gift haha it will be like a really frustrating game of pass the parcel!! *I'm resisting at the mo though*, :D I'm not quite that cruel lol

Im a saint too, but I can remember finding them when Iwas little and having a good feel and shake to see if you could tell what it was. Most of the time I was totally wrong with my guesses.

SONKIE

OK - so how ho you open them?

Do you tear them open, or carefully remove the selotape - I tear it off (after a fiddle first to see if I can guess)

Nicky

Back