Are you allowed to join the gym on CD SS?

vampalicious

Silver Member
hi,
me and my friend are going to join the gym next week, is it ok for me to do so?
i mean im having less than 500 calories a day, so what if i burn off 300 cals? would this make me ill?
thanks you, happy new year everyone!
xxx

Heya, the guidance, as I believe it, is that you should only undertake gentle exercise, especially for the first few weeks, and not do anything too strenuous. If it was part of your routine before CD, then you can keep on doing it, but if not, go easy. But you can still go - just listen to your body, take it easy, and do plenty of water! I'd recommend going for toning exercises rather than cardio as you don't need to burn cals through exercise on CD, it's more about the firming and muscle building!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong! xx

Heya, the guidance, as I believe it, is that you should only undertake gentle exercise, especially for the first few weeks, and not do anything too strenuous. If it was part of your routine before CD, then you can keep on doing it, but if not, go easy. But you can still go - just listen to your body, take it easy, and do plenty of water! I'd recommend going for toning exercises rather than cardio as you don't need to burn cals through exercise on CD, it's more about the firming and muscle building!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong! xx

exactly as nikki says hun :)

thank you!!!! ( my name is also Nikki! )
x

Good luck. Thats what i need someone to excercise with. WHen i lost 21lbs with weight watchers i started going to the gym to a beginners class twice a week. in the end i was going everyday after work and loved it.... Then i fell pregnant and put all d weight back on lol

Good Luck with it. You will know yourself how much is enough

thanks!
the thing is i used to go to the gym with my friend quite alot, we use to mess about and have a laugh more than work out lol!
this time ill try harder!

babybaillie, just noticed you are starting tomorrow, i weighed 17 stone 3lb 4 weeks ago, now im 15 stone 9!!
so good luck, the weight will fall off you, just wondered though, why is your target so low? you would be slim and healthy at BMI 25?

im 5 ft 3. and at 10 stone always felt heavy. so im aiming for 9 stone. But this may change along the way..

Well heres hoping i will have the kinda weightlosses ur having cause ur doing fab!!!

hey vamp, i was a regular gym user before CD but when i started SS, i found the most i could manage was a very lazy 15-20 mins at most before i felt dizzy and had to sit down, i always made sure to have a shake before going too!
i'm missing my gym now i've cancelled my membership (can't afford it!) got to make do with the wii fit now instead!!

Have fun in the gym!
xx

i use my wii fit for an hour every day all i do really is the free step (stepping in time to the beeps while watching tv!!) i find that's really been helping!!! and is nice and easy going!!

Back