Padlocking the Cookie Jar...10 years on!! TCM's Diary

Day 9:
Forgot to weigh this morning as had to start work super early today.

Been pretty hectic getting everything ready but had a REALLY lovely evening with my mum and family. I did go slighty off piste with the birthday meal - it would have spoiled it for my mum if I didn't join in at all. I didn't go crazy by any stretch of the imagination and am getting straight back on plan again now.....

Food:
- ACV, lemon and Himalayan salt
- 2x boiled eggs mashed with butter
- coffee with almond milk
- red cabbage slaw
- Lamb, roast pots, herby Mediterranean veg, 1/2 glass sparkling sloe berry and lemon presse, 1/2 small piece of passionfruit and raspberry cheesecake, 1/2 small piece tarte au citron, a few dark choc coated strawberries and raspberries. 🙈🙊

Not gonna beat myself up about it - it was a special occasion. I've knocked myself out of keto but fingers crossed it wont be too long to get back in again...

Day 10:
Super quick update as I'm creamy crackered and a very early start in the morning.

Back on track,

- electrolyte drink
-1st meal at 3pm - red cabbage slaw and avocado.
- lamb and veg soup
-almond/butter and erythritol almond 'cookie crumbs'.
- tablespoon of olive oil

Scales slight shift down 0.3 kg. With the IF I'm finding pushing the first meal till later fine but zi don find that my energy levels do suddenly crash at about 3;30-4pm.

Need to up water and fat tomorrow

I hope the pains, aches, and headaches etc are diminishing as you power on through to ketosis. It is never easy getting to that point I have read as your body adjusts. I myself I am not doing keto but admire your determination and willpower to push through the very rough phase. I am following sw but enjoy reading of others experience and journeys thanks for sharing. I hope you soon get to full ketosis and you reap the benefits and have less inflammation in joints and spine.

I hope the pains, aches, and headaches etc are diminishing as you power on through to ketosis. It is never easy getting to that point I have read as your body adjusts. I myself I am not doing keto but admire your determination and willpower to push through the very rough phase. I am following sw but enjoy reading of others experience and journeys thanks for sharing. I hope you soon get to full ketosis and you reap the benefits and have less inflammation in joints and spine.
Aww thank you so much for your kind words 🙏💞

Thankfully the pain has been reducing a lot the further I get into into keto and I think adding in the electrolytes has also made a real difference.

I really hope all is going well with you xxx

Didn't get chance to update on day 11 - just been very hectic at work as massively understaffed so having to do 12-13 hours some days and so not quite as much chance to catch up/update on here as I would like...

DAY 12:
- Water and electrolytes
- Fasted till 4pm
- Smashed avocado and spicy kimchi
- 'Green gloup' (broccoli powder, spirulina, inositol, psyllium husk powder with olive oil and water.
- almond flour, butter and erythritol biscuit
- half sweet potatoe with butter, red cabbage and olives
- water and electrolytes.

0.1kg away from my first mini goal - hopefully the scales fairy will be kind overnigh
Hopefully more of an update tomorrow but now, sleep as have to head out for work again early...

Day 13: IF until 4pm, water with electrolytes, bulletproof coffee, lots if herb teas, avocado, kimchi and seaweed. Sweet potatoe shepherds pie, iron and D3 spray.
Hit first target of getting below 90kg (89.9 on the scales this am). Generally feeling okay don't tend to feel hungry till later in the afternoon but I do then struggle with energy levels for the rest of the afternoon/evening.

Day 14:
- mushroom and onion omelette
- avocado and kimchi
- boiled broccol, celery and leek with butter
- zinc, andrographis and vit c
- water and basil seeds

Day 15:

Had a half day off work today so tried to have a day of full keto but not IF as feel that IF is totally doable but that my energy levels are affected by it. Normally when I am doing keto I have so much more energy and mental clarity but I am not having quite the same feeling this time....I think I am eating a bit less fat than I normally would do with keto so going to try and mix it up between days IFing and others just the plain low lectin keto...

Food:
- coffee with almond milk and stevia
- ACV, lemonjuice and himalayan salt x 3 cups
- red and white cabbage slaw with avocado mayo, olive tapenade and some zatar.
- tea with almond milk
- basil seeds in water
- baked sweet potatoe, butter and red cabbage slaw.

Made some almond, butter and tahini cookies this eve but managed to totally burn them all 🙄😣

Need to try and up the fat tomorrow to see if it help energy levels....

Day 16:
Work still super hectic...not had chance to do a proper shop in a few days.

-ACV, lemon, himalayan salt and water
- 2x scrambled eggs
- red and white cabbage slaw
Avocado
- handful of pistachio nuts
- the keto bits of a takeaway that the rest of the family were having - not lectin free though - will be interesting to see how my digestion reacts tomorrow.

Not been drinking enough.

Day 17:
I should have learnt - even though it was keto, whatever processed rubbish/flavourings they add to take away really did mess me up.
I felt desperately thirsty all night (the way I used to when my blood sugar was really high and I put on half a kg in weight over night.... ketostix still reading moderate - high bit I can feel that I have messed myself up a bit.

Food:
-ACV, lemon and Himalayan salt
-omelette with onions and mushrooms
- avocardo
Sweet potatoe, butter , zarta and red cabbage slaw,
- few olives
- almond, butter, erythritol and tahini cookie.

Day 18:
Still up half a kg on 2 days ago which is frustrating but a good lesson on how directly anything not prepared at home can impact progress....

Food:
- ACV, lemon,salt
- 2x scramble eggs
- coffee with almond milk
- red cabbage slaw
- pistachio nuts
- olives
- collagen coffee
- sweet potatoe and butter
- almond, butter and erythritol cookies
- hibiscus tea with basil seed

Energy level still not brilliant. Not drinking as much as I should....

Days 19-22:
Pretty much the same routine and eating - just really been hectic trying to balancing crazy work schedule, teenage son and helping out parents who haven't been well...just not having much chance to post on here...

Have stayed in keto but had a couple of days that haven't been totally lectin free which have messed me up a bit - I get a lot of fluid retention and my digestion goes haywire and the scales get very sticky - so I am pretty much where I was a whole week ago.

Am finding that I really am not getting the same boost if energy that I normally get with keto and it is making it a struggle with motivating myself to carry on as I just feel totally shattered. It may just be that life is just SO full on all round st the moment it maybe I'm not having enough fat to eat - I don't know....

First full day off from work today in weeks so going to try and fit in a good shopping trip to get stocked up and some meal prep amongst the other catching up I have to do.....

It is tough caring for parents who are poorly. It is hard to motivate yourself when things are decidedly bumpy. I don't do Keto but maybe others that do can advise better on upping the rights sort of calories. I personally if I find myself losing my motivation look back to why I started my journey. I have a big reason to stay on plan. Namely just over two years ago I was virtually bedbound needing help for everything. Then if I went out the house it was using a wheelchair. 14 months ago I started slimming world and lost 6 stone. I can now do most things but the things i need help with are MS related. My lymphoedema has come under control losing 7.5 litres from each leg, ulcer healed, come off blood pressure medication and reduced cholesterol tablets. I do not want to go back there again I was existing but now I am living life. The pain from dressing ulcers daily is something I never want to repeat again so big incentive to stay on the straight and narrow.

Back