Are you going to try something new this week?

when i made french onion soup i used krisprolls as croutons (3=HEB)

ill also making falafels, and delias tuscan bean soup both new and also gonna make a proper mushroom and lentil loaf and not the lentil gloop i made last time!

I made a proper Ragu sauce for the First time this week,took 16 hours! It's Devine though. I need to try more,I am Queen of ruts!

Right, that's it, it's SW quiche for dinner this evening now!! Have just realised I have pretty much all I need at home in the fridge, might just pick up a couple of extras on the way home to make it mega nice!

Oh my is all I can say! :D

I finally made a SW quiche last night and it was gorgeous! Smoked bacon, shallots and red peppers, with a HEA of low fat cheese on top (half for dinner last night and half for lunch today so meant to put 2 HEAs worth of cheese on there. Only remembered this morning that if you use low fat cheddar then you get 42g rather than 28g, and I only put 56g on there, d'oh, did myself out of some cheese there!!).

I can see that becoming a frequently made dish in our house! Can't wait till lunchtime comes around to stuff my face with the other half now!

KittenKat said:
Oh my is all I can say! :D

I finally made a SW quiche last night and it was gorgeous! Smoked bacon, shallots and red peppers, with a HEA of low fat cheese on top (half for dinner last night and half for lunch today so meant to put 2 HEAs worth of cheese on there. Only remembered this morning that if you use low fat cheddar then you get 42g rather than 28g, and I only put 56g on there, d'oh, did myself out of some cheese there!!).

I can see that becoming a frequently made dish in our house! Can't wait till lunchtime comes around to stuff my face with the other half now!

Could you post your versions recipe? I've yet to find one I like!!

Could you post your versions recipe? I've yet to find one I like!!

I just beat 4 eggs together with a 300g pot of Tesco Light Choices Cottage Cheese.

I dry fried 4 rasher of smoked bacon (all fat removed and cut into chunks) with a couple of shallots and added those to the egg mixture. I also added a couple of picked red peppers, rinsed to remove as much of the vinegar as possible and then chopped into chunks.

I then poured the mixture into a quiche dish which I'd sprayed with fry light and then topped it with slices of tomato.

Popped it into the oven for around 30-40 minutes until it was cooked.

Back