Are you trying to work out your goal weight? This might help.

Thank you Caroline. The test has put me as small frame although maybe a mistake as I have exceptionally long fingers. Nonetheless my goal weight is ideal for my height and frame.xx

Louisa this made me laugh so hard. I know you are being serious (and I actually have long fingers -- and toes, oooh yuck), too. But, it does remind me of how my husband once told me that he didn't have a beer gut, he had "big stomach bones". LOL

For me: I went with small frame (despite long fingers), because when I weigh what I should -- I meet very few people smaller than myself that aren't children.

Ideal weight range is 120 - 132 lbs. (54.5 - 60 kg.).
You are overweight by 17 lbs. (8 kg.).
My goal is listed as 133 (to compensate for my long fingers I get an extra pound). It is the weight I've been able to maintain in the past -- I have weighed as little as 118 as a adult and look great in clothes, but positively skeletal without.

MM

Ideal weight range is 126 - 138.6 lbs. (57.3 - 63 kg.).
You are marginally overweight by 5.4 lbs. (2 kg.). Even though my BMI is in the 'normal' range :(

I'm aiming for a final 1 stone loss anyway :D

Ideal weight range is 124 - 136.4 lbs. (56.4 - 62 kg.).
You are overweight by 36.6 lbs. (17 kg.).
You may wish to consult with your physician for medical help.

So between 8 stone and 9 stone 7 lbs . . . My goal was 9st 7lbs! Now i feel like i should lose more **eek**

Last edited:
Hi Caroline, I am 5ft9 with a large frame under the fat suit and at 12 stone if I do say so myself I look and feel fine-that is my goal(although 11.7 is my dream goal).
I am currently 13.7 and got down to 13.4 before xmas and everyone was telling me how great I looked then.
My friend who is a gp refers to me being skinny when 11.7!!!! I reminded her my face was thin,but my bangers were still like a pair of over-ripe melons and my tummy was very round.
So yep after all this waffle I'm trying to say that at 5ft9 with a large frame 12st is a very realistic goal. x

This is the thing, everyone is SO obsessed with BMI. Even medical people. But the thing is there is a lot more to it than that. For some people their "healthy" weight is a bit over a BMI of 25, for some it's quite low. It doesn't take into consideration build, or muscle which is heavier than fat. It seems a lot more people are using waist measurements now too.

See I know all this but yet in my head I'm still obsessed with seeing a 'healthy' and 'normal' BMI. It's like it's been so drummed into my head I can't stop that way of thinking.

It's just a number at the end of the day isn't it. It's what looks and feels healthy for you hun xx

You're right Becca, it is just a number, and that's what I'm trying to drum into my head at the moment. But after years of being told how essential it is, that's hard, but I'm getting there!

I wonder if there is something that works them both out, or there is a way that they relate to work it out... hmm! The statistician in me is wanting to try and do something!

Ideal weight range is 140 - 154 lbs. (63.6 - 70 kg.).
You are overweight by 34 lbs. (15 kg.).

Thanks for this website..
I was aiming for 11 stone as my final goal, but to get down to 12 1/2 first and see what I 'looked' like.

The website says I should be aiming for between 10 and 11 stone, so Im glad to see that my goal was realistic.

Back