Are you up for a challenge???????

Day 3 almost done - whoo hoo!!

DG - Well done on your loss of 3lb this week. Everyone is different and we all loose weight at different rates. If your sister is nibbling then she won't get the results that she wants in the end. Trust me, I know from my own experience.

Well I was down 5lb this morning after only 2 days ss 100% and I am so happy. I have got 2 more days 'til my official WI. I know its a long shot but I was hoping to be under 26 stone to try and play catch up with the challenge and get back on track. That means i need to get 7 lb off in 2 days!! All I can say is that i will do my best.

How is everyone else doing?
I know it is a really difficult time at the moment to be on a diet as such so just do your best and please if you do fall off the wagon at any point don't give up on yourself or this challenge. If you have a little gain over Xmas then just get straight back into it. There has been about 7 members who haven't posted for a couple of weeks so I have deleted them from the list. If you are one of those people and are reading this now then get in touch and we can all help you through it.

xxx

Hi Everyone well done

Ive lost 3lb this week (need to lose 7lb by next week as I wanted 2 1/2 off for christmas)

Keep going YS you are doing great keep it up xx

Well done everyone on your loses.

Dream Girl, don't compare yourself to anyone else. I lose weight slowly. Some people lose weight slowly to start off with, then when others start to lose about 2/3lbs a week - the people who were slow at the start can start to lose 5lbs a week (months down the line). So don't get down about it, 3lbs is amazing.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well done on all the losses! as has been said we all lose weight differently, which can be frustrating sometimes I know!

Hi guys,

I got weighed this morning and after only 3 full days on CD ss 100% I have lost 7lb and I am thrilled. I started day 4 today and I will check for ketones in the morning so I will have done 4 full days by then. I was hoping to to under 26 in time for my WI but I don't think I will be able to pull a 5lb loss out the bag by tomorrow afternoon. Will get it by the weekend I hope.

I even went swimming at 10pm last night and did 40 lengths. I know I will do it this time!!!!

How is everyone getting on - it is really hard trying to diet at this time of year!

Hi YS! stick to it and you know it will happend the 26stone might not be this week but it will be next week so still worth aiming for! and it might even be more!

Hi all well done on all the weight losses so far this week. Ys sounds like your back with renewed motivation which is good you will be there before you know it. I agree this time of year is very difficult had my work do on sunday i spent the night sipping water it is a very strange experience being the only sober person at a party lol. Then last night met up at a friends house where we exchanged presents and they had a pre christmas dinner i again supped the water for which i am rather proud it was occasions like this where i used to just give in to temptation and for the first time ever i really dont feel like its worth it. Hoping for a good loss this week be nice to get bit more off before christmas i weigh in on thursday then i will have 2 tuesday weigh ins so i definately get weighed over the christmas period i know i would fall off the wagon if i didnt see my cdc btween christmas and new year!

Barnsie well done for drinking the water - I did that on Friday when we went out for OH Birthday...and you know I didn't feel like I was doing without as it was my choice, last night I met up with a friend that I don't see very often but decided to make the most of being in London...we were very good..sparkling water all round:eek: normally that would have been a red wine drinking fest!

I bet you do see the results from it!

Hi All. stayed the same this week. Very disapointed as I didnt eat a thing over the weekend with inlaws but like i posted i was a wee bit naughty when i came home. Still cant believe that made me stay the same and hate to admit but i came home yesterday from my wi and didnt stop eating. Like people above have said it really isnt worth it and i went to bed very angry. With this diet i have to keep reminding myself eating kicks you out of ketosis and that can be for 4 days. Why do i do it?? Been to the dr today about my back and it is vital i lose weight so i MUST keep going.
Take care all of you and keep going xx

Karen - hugs.....be kind to yourself as well, you made a mistake you have learnt your lesson...now put it behind you and remember CD is a choice not a punishment....I remind myself this on a regular basis....I can eat...I just am choosing not to at the moment.

Karen - hugs.....be kind to yourself as well, you made a mistake you have learnt your lesson...now put it behind you and remember CD is a choice not a punishment....I remind myself this on a regular basis....I can eat...I just am choosing not to at the moment.

Karen - try not to allow this little blip to send you off the rails and remember who you are doing this for!!

Very wise words DR - I related to what you were saying with ease ' cos that is the way I was looking at it before and now I have tried to change my perspective on the whole CD and loosing weight process it seems to be working for me now.
I am stuck in revising for my exam tomorrow and feel soooooooo cold. I have got the heating on full but I am in the conservatory and it is always colder in there even though ther is a radiator in there. I went out to the shed earlier to get out my electric heater. I have almost completed day 4 now. Do you think I will be in ketosis yet? I really hope so. Maybe feeling cold is a good sign. My friend was eating a sausage roll earlier and the smell of it made my mouth water but because I am in the zone and feel really focussed it didn't make me feel hungry as such but I fancied one (if that makes sense).
I decided I was going to have 3 days off the plan over Christmas and then get straight back on it on the 28th Dec 'cos 19th March will be here before I know it. I will do my best to not go too mad but I am looking forward to a sausage butty xmas morning and sitting down to my dinner with my family. I really know how my mind works and if I didn't allow myself those few days I don't think I would be able to keep to it over xmas as I would feel like I was really missing out and punishing myself. Instead I am looking at it as a reward and something to look forward to. Then I will be back on it for a solid 12 weeks!! I can't wait to be able to sit down on the seatof the plane without having to wedge my ass into the seat and to be able to put my tray fully down without it hitting my belly and actually being able to rest my meal tray on it!! Oh, I nearly forgot one - to not have to ask for a seatbelt extension too.......lol !!

Is anyone else planning to have time away from the plan over the festive period?

Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well. Well done on the losses and well done YS for sticking to it. Very proud of you.

My X-mas plans are just SS+ meals on the 25th & 26th. I even called home and made sure my mum had some cucumber, lettuce and broccoli. I really want to be well into the 16s when the year ends and therefore can't afford to have X-mas off. There will always be another X-mass.

Hi Guys

Well done on the weight losses this week.

Lost 6lb this week and well chuffed, that makes a total of 23lb in 4 weeks and am aiming for another 5lb by the end of the year to make 2 stone in 6 weeks. I love this diet.

I plan to stay on the plan over the holidays, but have been looking for low carb "party food" to have when people are in and there are a lot of things you could have, whilst they will be higher in fat I should remain in ketosis and feel that is the main thing.

On Xmas day I can`t make up my mind wether to have the trimmings as I am frightened that I will break the spell and get a taste for the things I hav`nt had for the past month. One roast potato may be a potato too far, the stuffing I could pass on, but have a craving for chappit neeps ( mashed turnips).

My other problem is that for various reasons I hav`nt told my mum that I am doing this and although I have been able to avoid eating at other functions by sayin g that I had to fast for blood tests, I am dreading the meal.

Sorry for the ramble but although I hav`nt stuck ridgedly to the list of ss+ as I have had salmon, prawns and steak I feel that this could be my stumbling block.

Pammiedoll well done on the loss. Am too scared to get out of ketosis so I will only have protein and veg, plus I would really love to be 16st 5lbs on 04/01/09, that would be 3st in 7 weeks. I would say just continue eating whatever it is you are now. If it helps have smaller portions all through the day so that it doesn't look or feel like you are dieting. Plus drink slightly more water throughout the day too.

Am doing sole source. 3 packs a day and a minimum of 3 litres of water each day too. In essence I have 15lbs to lose to hit 3st so that's 5lbs a week. Am hoping to have a big loss this week as I was so bloated at last weigh in. TOTM has been all over the place since I started CD. I don't get weighed till the 23rd though as my CDC has gone away on a pre-Christmas holiday.

Hi there! just reporting in with these weeks weighin results....4lbs.....so 2 stone in 5 weeks....really pleased!

Sorry girls... I've put on 3lbs this week:( been picking and not drinking so much water, and its TOTM...

Just popping by to report my loss 3lbs for me this week. Hey sadsam you dont need to apologise that 3lb will be off before you know it x

Back