Argh! First day of SW and I'm lost!

Sia

As i have no experience with SW and haven't been shopping yet, I'm a little lost as to what i should be eating!

I am about to go buy some food, but though I'd share this first!

I am presuming you have the slimming world free food list? You can choose from this unlimited to make your meals.

We need more details really to be able to help you, do you go to group? are you doing it from home? which SW plan are you following etc.

I joined a class yesterday & am reading the literature now, so just about gaining a better idea of what i can buy to eat for the rest of the week. I have decided to do Extra Easy while i get the hang of it.

Im sure once you get your head around it you'll love it, Good luck :)

Don't worry, it will soon be second nature. It's a bit like learning a new language - you wouldn't expect to be fluent overnight, it takes time and practice.

So take the time to read through your books and then try putting together a menu for a few days. Post it in the food diary section and we can make sure you are on the right track. Then check and double check the syn value of everything you put in your mouth.

Don't worry if you make some mistakes at first - we all do! -the important thing is learning from it and moving on!

Good luck

Thanks for your comments! i will come back next week and let you know how it went!

Just wanted to say Welcome to SW and good luck xxx

Welcome Sia

At the risk of sounding like a broken record - it is all in the planning! (I say this to everyone)

Fail to prepare- prepare to fail;)

All the best and welcome aboard!

Steve

If there are any favourite dishes of yours, do a mnimins search to see if there in a SW friendly version.

I would say extra lean meats, wholegrain rice and pasta, lots of fruit and veg, tinned tomatoes, oxo cubes and herbs and spices are pretty much always on my shopping list.

If you like spicy stir fries then buy some fine egg noodles, lean stir fry meat and packs of stir fry veg. Cook it up with an oxo cube, soy sauce, and spices (Cajun is my fave - tastes like sinapore noodles to me). So quick and tasty.

Chilli or bolognaise are tasty and easy to include lots of free veg in too.

Like the others said, it's hard to know where to start without knowing your tastes.

Welcome and good luck x

i've just started SW again and as above, the trick is in the planning. But the planning needs to encompass snacks as well as meals.

Think about what you crave and have lots of a substitute in the cupboards. I love sweet things so have a huge box of mini choc bars, a fridge full of hartleys low cal jellies and every possible flavour of mullerlight.

my partner loves savoury treats so we have ryvita minis, french fries (the crisps) and mugshots.

Good luck!

Thanks for all your positive encouragement! I had a really good week- once id been shopping and planned my meals i found it WAY easier!

I weighed in today and had lost 5lb! I'm feeling really positive & motivated :)

Well done, what a great start!

I couldn't agree more that planning is the key. I have spent a lot of time on this website finding recipes, printing them off and creating my own recipe book. Once I've tried a recipe I can then make comments on it, whether I would make it again etc. I now try to plan meals for the entire week, that way there is no guessing, I wake up in the morning, know what I need to take out of the freezer ready for the evening meal. I'm actually starting to enjoy cooking again which is something I haven't enjoyed for many years!

Keep up the good work!

Well done Sia - great loss!

Back