Extra Easy Argh! Getting fed up! and quark!

christine_1999_uk

So I'm just coming to the end of week 2 on SW EE and I'm starting to get bored with potatoes, bacon, eggs, beans and mushrooms - not all together at once i might add. :( Does anyone have any ideas on something different to make that is quick and easy? I tried hash browns/rostis but i wanted cheese on them :(:( I use my hexa on milk. I dont like tuna/pineapple/cottage cheese and have looked through the recipe section on here but everything i see seems to be almost the same thing :( :p

Also I have got a tub of quark in the fridge and would like to know some uses for it. I think it tastes quite yoghurty :D which puts me off and i tried making beef stroganoff tonight using it but it was very bitter and again yoghurty.

Also I need something v low in syns that is sweet as i am having HUGE sweet tooth cravings (ideally would use eggs) I tried britmums syn free pancakes but they tasted too eggy and not sweet but then maybe i was expecting actual pancakes (drool!):cry::cry::cry:

Anyway I've got my weigh in tomorrow night so fingers crossed I have a loss although I am finding it easier to save my syns for the weekend when i'm more tempted to have a treat :D:D :break_diet:

Christine why not change & try red or green days if EE isn't suiting you?

On either of those you can have 2 Heb's & 1 or 2 Hea's - so maybe thet would suit you abit better??

Have a nose at some of the red/green food diaries too - maybe they can tempt you!

Thanks I'll speak to my C but she is on holiday this week so it'll have to wait to next week :( I'm thinking my problem is that I have lost my imagination in the kitchen lol!

Mini Quiches got this recipe off slimming world website and quark is one of the ingredients
Makes: 6 servings
Syns per serving:
Free on Original and Extra Easy,
3 Syns each on Green
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes

Fry Light
6 round slices of ham (for the cases)
1 leek, finely chopped
4 rashers lean bacon, all fat removed and chopped
Green and red peppers, chopped
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 slice of ham, chopped
Fresh chives, chopped
Half a tub of quark skimmed milk soft cheese
3 eggs
1 tsp Dijon mustard
3 or 4 cherry tomatoes sliced​
 ​
1. Spray a six-hole deep-fill muffin tin with Fry Light and line each with a slice of ham, folding it back on itself to lie against the side of the tin.​
2. In a pan sprayed with Fry Light, sauté the leek, bacon and peppers until soft. Season with black pepper. Add the chopped ham and divide the filling mixture between the six ham cases and add some chopped chives.
3. Beat the quark, eggs and mustard together with a little black pepper, then carefully pour equal amounts into each ham case, and decorate the tops with the sliced cherry tomatoes.
4. Stand the muffin tin in a baking tray half full of hot water and place in the oven at 160°C/Gas 3 for around 30 minutes, or until set.
5. Take the muffin tin out of the hot water and leave for 10 to 15 minutes to cool before removing the quiches.
Tip: You can vary the fillings, and swap the ham and bacon for Quorn ham style slices for a vegetarian option.

​

I love the natural fromage frais with some Splenda stirred in - can eat it by the tubfull and it hasnt got that bitter taste that natural yogurt seems to have.

I've just used Quark to make a lasagna. Made my meat sauce as normal then for the white sauce mixed a tub of Quark with a tub of cottage cheese (the onion and chive one) then stirred in a bit of fromage frais, salt and pepper. Layered it as normal and stuck it in the oven. Wasnt really looking forward to it and actually apologised to my hubby before dishing it out but we both really enjoyed it.

jen g8 idea with the fromage frais - gonna try that as a snack hehe I also like very low fat cottage cheese wrapped in ham as snacks :)

make a cheese cake with the quark, suger free jelly, and a couple of yogurts, digestive think from memory it works out about 4 syns a portion its in recipe section very nice it was

keylime pie uses quark, find it in recipe section - its yummy, low in syns and easy to make!

I tried the Alpen Light (Choc and Fudge) today for the first time and they were delicious!!! For a sweet tooth also try out different ice creams (Mini Milks, Mini Twisters) which are low on syn values.

I tried the Mini Quiches (from the post your pic of your meal section) and they were so nice. I used the quark and eggs recipe and just added refried beans, peppers and chicken and they were really tasty. Just tried it once as I can't find Quark in my Asda anymore.
Also take a look at some of the food diaries for more inspiration.

I mainly use my syns for making meals more "normal" like pesto in pasta, some chopped avocado in a salad, I use phili light garlic and herb cheese (low in syns ) for stuffed mushrooms, I use some syns for a yummy mustard and cheese coating on chicken breast, or some wine in gravy, creme fresh instead of quark or yogurt is worth the couple of syns. Don't always think of your syns as treat foods only. look at normal recipes and see how you can adapt them. Try some of the recipes on the speciail k diet pages as they are quite easy to adapt.

So I'm just coming to the end of week 2 on SW EE and I'm starting to get bored with potatoes, bacon, eggs, beans and mushrooms - not all together at once i might add. :( Does anyone have any ideas on something different to make that is quick and easy? I tried hash browns/rostis but i wanted cheese on them :(:( I use my hexa on milk. I dont like tuna/pineapple/cottage cheese and have looked through the recipe section on here but everything i see seems to be almost the same thing :( :p

Also I have got a tub of quark in the fridge and would like to know some uses for it. I think it tastes quite yoghurty :D which puts me off and i tried making beef stroganoff tonight using it but it was very bitter and again yoghurty.

Also I need something v low in syns that is sweet as i am having HUGE sweet tooth cravings (ideally would use eggs) I tried britmums syn free pancakes but they tasted too eggy and not sweet but then maybe i was expecting actual pancakes (drool!):cry::cry::cry:

Anyway I've got my weigh in tomorrow night so fingers crossed I have a loss although I am finding it easier to save my syns for the weekend when i'm more tempted to have a treat :D:D :break_diet:

Have u tried the 7 days to success your extra easy menu planner quite a lot of variety but you need to be able to have some time to cook, u could nibble on fruit while u cook ... or have mini baby bells ..
I didnt like the quark to be honest quite dry ...

Are u having muller lights for sweet tooth or if u have HEB left do honey on toast or honey on banana ... xxxx

Oh yeah, thats a thought:

1 toast (HeB), Banana, Honey (1 syn), Sweetener, Mixed spice

Close your eyes, and it's almost as good as a cinnamony cake...almost! xx

If I had a HEB left I would ... hmmmmm breakfast tom morning thanks for that or will it kick start my sweet tooth ? lol x:rolleyes::D

Also I need something v low in syns that is sweet as i am having HUGE sweet tooth cravings

Take your tub of quark and add 3 teaspoons of lemon curd (1 syn per teaspoon) and 2 tablespoons of sweetner and give it a really good stir. Pop half of it in a bowl (1.5syns) with some strawberries (free) and a meringue nest (2.5 syns?) - voila - a gorgeous yummy, lemonny, creamy dessert that hits the sweet tooth with minimal syns (I have even been knows it put the whole tub along with blue berries and strawberries into a tupperwear box and sneak it into the cinema to eat to help resist the sweets and popcorn!!)

So there you go - two birds, one stone ;)

Re your recipe problem - have you got the latest magazine for some fab recipes? We had the potato and spinach bake tonight - yummy! Or even the ones in your 7 days to success booklet in your new start pack is a good start for some inspiration - and I promise you they dont all involve pineapple and fish!! (I am allergic to fresh pineapple and HATE fish)

Hope you have a good result tonight and get some new inspiration to keep going.

Thanks for all the fab suggestions and I will print off some of the recipes today to try for tea tonight before wi. I am changing my job in a few weeks so will be home a lot earlier and have time to try out new things :) I do have the latest copy of the slimming world magazine and I am keen to try something with spinach (apart from sag aloo lol)

This is a fab board :)

Back