Arghh WeMITT im glad im here.

Plym2bslim

ok so here goes
Im lisa, im 22, and my start weight was 20st 10lb and had 10st 5lbs to lose. im on week 9 of Lipotrim and have lost 2st 7lbs. was doing well until 2 weeks ago where i had a breakdown (too many bad things all at once) and have just literally today turned myself around, guess i've already messed up next wednesdays weigh in but we'll see.
being significantly larger than most people i know who are losing weight doesnt help, because they dont understand how life-changing this whole process is.
they would just like to lose a couple of stones to look better in their clothes where is what im doing is discovering a new me. I've not been slim since the age of 9 so i have no idea what i will look like once im done losing all this weight, its daunting to say the least and THAT is what im really struggling with, i keep thinking oh my what will i look like what if i look horrible?!
but ive sorted my head out and now im back on track, good luck to all the rest of you xx

Hi
I feel similar to you as I have never been a 'normal' size or small so I've no idea what I'll be like when I achieve my target. I have just over 6 stone to lose and as much as I want to look better in my clothes I have to do this for my health. Really annoyed with myself that I've become an obesity statistic with now regular trips to Dr's and hospital due to having gallstones after the birth of my son and now liver problems. It's great that you've started this journey so young rather than waiting another 10 years or something. Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Lisa,

I totally understand everything you've just said. It's not easy being this big and it's not easy losing it, I think especially at our age (I'm 24 ith a similar amount to lose). You just have to have a think about it, what would you prefer, to look how you look now or to lose all the weight and have some excess skin? Excess skin that in time will shrink away or you may not even have because of your age. And if it's really that bad, you can get help from the NHS to deal with it.

If you're really that concerned about excess skin etc. I'd consider maybe switching from a VLCD just because you're losing at such a fast rate that excess skin is far more likely. You're generally losing weight faster than your skin can catch up. Whereas if you're losing say 2lbs a week you're giving your body time to catch up. It, of course, is completely up to you and you have to decide what works best for you.

Think of this like a hurdle race. When those Olympic runners are doing their 800m hurdle race, as their running do you think they're thinking about that very last hurdle or the one coming up next? that final hurdle is too far away to worry about now, there's something like 80 from start to finish, you can't worry about the end before you get there or you'll fall on the next hurdle because you've not got your eyes on it. So for now, don't worry about how you'll look when all the weight is off, worry about your next hurdle, that next stone. You've got plenty of time to think about it once you get there.

Well done with how far you've come so far, you'll get there!

Reactions: GLL
Lisa we all screw up and let thinks get on top of us and loose control.

Don't dwell on it, just put forwards and let others (ie us) help to keep you motivated.

This IS life changing, this IS a huge challenge, this IS scary and uncertain. Who understands this? US :D

let us know how you're doing :D

Hi Lisa Wow you just said how I feel, most people just dont get it!! I know its hard by hubby even said that he doesnt know what he will think of me when I have lost weight!!!!!I see you near plymouth, I in north cornwall I have 83 lb it goal weight so I thinkI understand how you feel, your not on your own.xx

ok so here goes
Im lisa, im 22, and my start weight was 20st 10lb and had 10st 5lbs to lose. im on week 9 of Lipotrim and have lost 2st 7lbs. was doing well until 2 weeks ago where i had a breakdown (too many bad things all at once) and have just literally today turned myself around, guess i've already messed up next wednesdays weigh in but we'll see.
being significantly larger than most people i know who are losing weight doesnt help, because they dont understand how life-changing this whole process is.
they would just like to lose a couple of stones to look better in their clothes where is what im doing is discovering a new me. I've not been slim since the age of 9 so i have no idea what i will look like once im done losing all this weight, its daunting to say the least and THAT is what im really struggling with, i keep thinking oh my what will i look like what if i look horrible?!
but ive sorted my head out and now im back on track, good luck to all the rest of you xx

Keep at it m'dear, and welcome to wemitts. I'm pretty similar to you... similar age and similar weight. It really bugs me when people who are slim complain about being fat.. don't think they realise what an insult it can be to us.

You thinking of changing to a different plan or staying with Lipotrim? I was on Exante for a while but my blood pressure fell to the floor and I had a hard time keeping up my pretty extensive exercise routine. So I've switched over to ww. Gonna be a slower journey for me, but I'll get there. Whatever you choose, now and in the future, I wish you the best of luck xx

Back