arghhh... failed after 2 weeks @ 100%!

losingit

Silver Member
Just went and ate a load of cheese. Not just a little bite, close to 300 calories worth of cheese. I'm sooo angry with myself after having 2 solid weeks :(. Want to carry on eating and eating now but i'm forcing myself not to and feel rotten and like giving up because i feel like i'm never going to crack this. I don't even know why i did it :(. Because of failing now i know tomorrow is going to be hard and my head is screaming out "eat eat eat, go onnn you know you want to" arghh.

Please don't think of it as failed. OK, so you've ended up with a working solution day. Cheese is low carb, so it's very unlikely that you'll have knocked yourself out of ketosis; you won't have extra hunger as a result of eating that much cheese. Try and draw the line, and know that you're still doing really well, all you've had is one WS day, which is unlikely to have any significant impact on the amount of weight you'll lose this week, especially if you can get straight back on to TS tomorrow.

Thinking in terms of success / failure and writing off your attempt on this diet for the sake of some cheese that you've eaten isn't going to help you, you need to stay focused on what you're trying to achieve and how good it's going to feel when you achieve your goal. OK, we might each take slightly more roundabout routes to get there, but in the scheme of roundabout routes, a piece of cheese is barely even a twitch!
Hope tomorrow goes well xx

Like Rachel said cheese shouldn't knock you out of ketosis plus with the extra 300kcals you've still only had 900kcals today. Just draw a line under it and start fresh tomorrow. Keep your chin up!

I know i'm being ridiculous... i just feel like i achieved so much and the more days that tick by with being 100%, the stronger the pressure feels and the worse it seems when i slip up. I don't know... it's not a right attitude at all.

900 calories is OK you are right. I could do that every day and still lose weight i guess. Back on track tomorrow. I HATE sundays, arghh.

Like the others have said hun it's just a little blip, draw a line under it and carry on.
If you're struggling maybe do ws for a week or two so you can have something to eat every day.

Everyone is so right.

You haven't failed, you've been 100% for 2 weeks and this is a blip.

The fact you have acknowledged your feelings and you recognise that you wanted to eat more and came on here to get support is a great thing - think about your eating patterns prior to starting exante, would you have stopped yourself?

Tomorrow is another day xx

This is a chance to practise reigning yourself back in after a 'blip' - see it as an opportunity. As everyone has said, it is a minor blip that you didn't plan for - that's why you're feeling out of control, cuz it was unplanned. Accept that it happened and accept that you deserve credit for putting a stop to it. The more blips happen and the more you then get back to your plan, the better you'll be at doing this in the long term.
It is NOT a failure - we are a human and give ourselves far too much grief. You can and will continue with the diet, and a bit of cheese will not stop you.

No problem with eating a bit of cheese - you shouldn't be so harsh on yourself whilst doing a very low cal diet. Everyone knows you're gonna have some tough moments!!

At least what you ate isn't going to kick you out of ketosis. Just keep away from the carbs and all will be fine :)

Phil

Failing would be giving up completely, but as others have pointed out, it won't have a major impact. Things could have been a whole lot worse, but luckily you didn't go too far. Get back on track and learn from your little mistake. :)

Morning everyone, and THANK YOU so much for your comments. I feel much better/stronger/ready to get back on the wagon this morning. It was only a tiny blip in the grand scheme of things, 2 weeks ago my blip was a multipack of crisps, so i've definitely improved ;).
Thanks again

Back