ARGHHH!

blossom102

Silver Member
:mad::mad::mad::mad:
cant seem to get back on plan,i start really well and by 3 oclock i am eating everything in sight,so angry with myself, i have now been off the wagon 8 days!! (yes i stayed on plan xmas eve,xmas day,and even boxing day)!!!! but then have made up for it the last 8 days.did not go to the meeting last week as id binged all day and was so bloated.going tomorrow to see the damage,im actually really scared but hope it will give me the kick up the bum i need,the 4weeks on slimmingworld i have loved too and lost 9lb in 3 weeks so why am i doing this to myself :'( so gutted,what gets you guys back on track??anyone else struggling to get back on track after xmas?! any advice would be appreciated,so unbelievably angry with myself!! xx

It's hard to get back into things after a break. I've struggled myself, but started a food diary on here yesterday, which made me stick to things at least more than I would have done. Although I still ended up using all my syns at work instead of saving them to have my Caramac Ice Cream bar sitting on the sofa tonight, which was the plan.

Have you still got high-syn xmas food in the house? If so, maybe it's time to chuck it out and buy in things that aren't going to do any damage if you do pig out on them (fruit, decent coffee / tea, yogurts, etc).

Good luck tomorrow. Don't beat yourself up xx

It's hard to get back on track... ive been on and off it for years... but try to think about why you wanted to lose weight in the first place, maybe some motivation will return?

It's hard to get back into things after a break. I've struggled myself, but started a food diary on here yesterday, which made me stick to things at least more than I would have done. Although I still ended up using all my syns at work instead of saving them to have my Caramac Ice Cream bar sitting on the sofa tonight, which was the plan.

Have you still got high-syn xmas food in the house? If so, maybe it's time to chuck it out and buy in things that aren't going to do any damage if you do pig out on them (fruit, decent coffee / tea, yogurts, etc).

Good luck tomorrow. Don't beat yourself up xx

no,no xmas food in our house at all,my mum is following slimmingworld so we both agreed to not buy any xmas goodies,its when im out and about or at friends houses that i pig out, i think im just in shock that im finding a diet so easy,that makes me feel and look a lot better,that doesnt make me feel deprived and yet i still screw it up!!. the other week i felt like finally my brain had clicked into place!! grr. thankyou for your reply,i think i might do a food diary,and plan my meals beforehand,maybe drink more water and pepsi maxx to fill me up,how long were u off plan?did u gain much weight?xx

It's hard to get back on track... ive been on and off it for years... but try to think about why you wanted to lose weight in the first place, maybe some motivation will return?

thankyou for your reply,i think im going to have a good think tonight and look through lots of threads,stock up on more veggies and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day,just really dreading how much weight iv put on tomorrow :( xx

Definitely go to class. Yes you might have gained but you wont gain it all and no matter what you gain, stick to the plan for the next week and it should shift quickly.

Plan your meals is a good idea - and think about your syns. So for example if your friends want to go out for lunch then why dont you suggest somewhere so you stay away from the naughties. I like Harvester (I can have simply chicken with jacket potato, peas and the salad bar). Or go for a jacket potato (no butter) with beans and salad. If you have a sweet tooth and your going for cakes when you are out then I can see this is hard to compromise - but you could take something sweet with you (a funsize bar of chocolate)

Dont be embarrassed by a gain, I think you will find a lot of people gained xmas week (so you gained the week after but most people will have gained). My mum did that, she was target at Slimming World and gained following a holiday. Rather than going to class and dealijng with it she was too embarrassed about what people would think so thought she would try alone. She couldnt get back on plan and gained even more. She is now back at Slimming World to the same consultant and was welcomed her back (even though it had been years).

I know the feeling, it took me a good 3 days before i felt like i had 'started' properly had 3 days where i started well then got to a point where i just thought 'sod it' and just dived into the bad stuff, unfortunately i am staying with my mum and dad at the moment and its not so easy getting rid of the xmas stuff as my dad is funny bugger for chucking food away, so just have to try and resist as best i can! The best thing i can say is just make sure you have plenty of free food around that you can just pick at when you need to.

geordie lass you are so right,and im going to attend class.(i wish they didnt tell everyone your gains or losses in the meetings tho,as the meetings make me so much more determined but i hate people knowing if iv put on weight,so i never stay) but will get weighed and plan my days.im also very lucky with girly lunches,we always go to weatherspoons and i just love the sweet chilli noodles (1syn) i just have no excuse to fail.so wish i could get my bloody head into gear.thankyou for the advice(i think watching biggest loser tonight will help too,love itt!!:D)

and missmalibu that must be really hard having tempting food around while your at your mums,i cant even go to my nans without raiding her chocolate tin the whole hour im there,i will get my head into gear,tomorrow is a new day and i intend on being 100%!!! :D

just one question,after my week long binge do you ladies think i should use my 15 syns or cut back??xx

You might be in luck, my C was so busy chatting about the new books/changes that she didn't do the gains/losses today.
You may be interested to know that in my group - 1 girl lost (she got the slimmer of the week), 3 of us STS and everyone else gained weight so your not on your own!

Hi Blossom

I don't think I can add anything to what the others have said. Definitely getting weighed at class will help. It will give you a figure to draw a line under and start again at xx

thankyou slimbysummer.its just so embarrassing when everyone looks at you when uv lost weight,so can only imagine my face when she says how much iv gained lol :( xx

TBH I think the whole of December was a bit of a joke. I don't go to class and I don't weigh, so no idea how much I put on in lbs, but my jeans are definitely uncomfortably tight at the moment.

Thankfully I do really get my moneys worth at the gym, and I didn't miss too many days exercise (I went to the gym and did a class or worked out in about 22 out of the 31 days in December) otherwise the damage would have been much more severe.

This is a plan for life though, and life always has its ups and downs. Time for some downhill time soon I hope!!!!

thankyou suepat.im determined to go to class after all the comments.i missed out class last week thinking "ahh i dont want a gain so i will just lose the weight i might of put on in the 2 days and still have a loss next week.and yet all i did was eat! so the class is defo a help for me.

and lucky..........i absolutely love the gym,but my legs go absolutely massive! and i am not exaggerating so i have stopped going ,i use crosstrainer,treadmill.bike and rowing machine.but calves get HUGE! any advice?should i try swimming and just avoid the gym completely?x

I go to class most weeks now I am target (altho part of this is so i can make sure i dont put too much on whilst pregnant - i'm currently almost 14 weeks).

I get a lot out of staying though, new ideas, recipes, taster nights, latest syn and he changes). I know every class is different and i once had a consultant who does some happy clappy thing where it was a competition over which part of the room lost the most. Nightmare! However still worth going to get the most out of your £5 lol

I go to class most weeks now I am target (altho part of this is so i can make sure i dont put too much on whilst pregnant - i'm currently almost 14 weeks).

I get a lot out of staying though, new ideas, recipes, taster nights, latest syn and he changes). I know every class is different and i once had a consultant who does some happy clappy thing where it was a competition over which part of the room lost the most. Nightmare! However still worth going to get the most out of your £5 lol

congratulations hun!!! :)
and yes,20quid a month just to jump on the scales,i cant stay for the meeting tonight as have a new phone been delivered between 6-10pm,but will stay next week,i need to stop being embarresed about people knowing my gains or losses :) xx

thankyou suepat.im determined to go to class after all the comments.i missed out class last week thinking "ahh i dont want a gain so i will just lose the weight i might of put on in the 2 days and still have a loss next week.and yet all i did was eat! so the class is defo a help for me.

and lucky..........i absolutely love the gym,but my legs go absolutely massive! and i am not exaggerating so i have stopped going ,i use crosstrainer,treadmill.bike and rowing machine.but calves get HUGE! any advice?should i try swimming and just avoid the gym completely?x

Can't overally help with the legs bit as my calves are huge whatever exercise I do and I mean muscly huge. But I completely understand what you did by not going to group I used to do it all the time! And for the first time ever I didnt! I weighed in tues after christmas and gained 5lbs, this week lost 2.5lbs but still wasnt at all back on track just not as awful as the week before so, be good from now on, but go to every single class! Maybe buy a countdown so that you have already paid for it and would be wasting money by not going??

Back