Arrrrrrrrgggghh! Been picking!

bluemoon

Silver Member
I've had a really emotional 2 days (problems with my 9 year old which has upset me and her) and whats the first thing I do??? Head to the fridge. I have been only picking at protein but even so it made me realise that i always deal with negative feelings by eating (pushing it down i suppose) How do I deal with this? i don't want to ruin all my good work. and i don't want to get to my goal eventually only to find the first emotional rough patch I hit sees me heading straight back up the scales again. I feel as if i'm right on the edge at the mo and really don't want to cave in at this stage, i've still got such a long way to go.

Hey, you have done really well so far, don't let this beat you. Go to bed and start a fresh in the morning. Give your daughter a big hug - life is too short to be angry and upset :) - kiss and make up. You'll be fine tomorrow. :hug99: :hug99::hug99:

thanks hev, We haven't fallen out, quite the oppposite, she is having a few problems and it has upset me to see her so upset. You're right tho I think i'll go to bed. Everyone else has but my mind is just whirring!

hi bluemoon, sorry to hear about the probs.Id be the exact same 1st thing turn to food. i did it when had a row with bf food yip allways there for comfort to make you feel better.
Look how well you have done so far, i know your upset but dont wreak all your good work that you have done so far. Keep going hun start a fresh tomorrow. Hopefully you will be able to sort the problems and or make them better.Have a nice sleep :)

becky xx

thanks guys, went to bed about 1 in the end, just couldn't sleep b4! Feeling better, it's hard when you see your kids so upset. Today is a new day and here's to a good one xx

Sorry to hear about your troubles BlueMoon. I think you'd fall into the emotionl eating category just as probably 99% of us all on here would :(

It's hard seeing your babies feeling upset isn't it, mine is only 3 and my heart sinks when she feels sad, and yup you guessed it, I head straight to the fridge. It's a conditioned response I think, you feel pants=you eat to release endorphins and stuff.

Bloody well done for your losses to date, you've done exceptionally well and you should be very proud of yourself. You've done something that I haven't managed yet... get past 1 day SSing!

You have to be there for your children, thats a given but you also have to be there for yourself.

I really hope that you're feeling okay this morning and you have a good day day CD wise. Hope you're daughter is feeling a bit happier x x x x

Back