Ascorbic Acid and Ketosis

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by reshmus, 17 January 2008 Social URL.

1. reshmus

reshmus Member

So I was out to lunch with my project team and I ordered Oolong tea. It came cold in a can and the ingredients were Water, Tea and Ascorbic Acid. I wanted to send it back because I didnt know if Ascorbic acid affects weight loss.. but <insert long story> ended up having a couple of sips..

Does anyone know if Ascorbic acid affects Ketosis or not. If it doesn't then that's great.. if it does, I just need to remember to be more careful.. I would love to know for future referance..

I am soooo mad at myself...
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Linze01

Linze01 Full Member

I can't imagine that a few sips will make a significant difference. I've just checked the ingredients on my lunch time crispy peanut bar and it has ascorbic acid in it, so I think you're safe. Don't panic!
  4. KerrieW

KerrieW Full Member

Ascorbic acid is another name for vitamin C which is in the packs anyway so you should be fine,
    Kerrie x
  5. reshmus

reshmus Member

Phew, Thank you ladies. I think I just really worked myself up into this scare..

Thank you sooo much!
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.