Asda Measure Up

I use the tesco measure up and it says to use milk!!

just had me first shake and it was pre-mixed and NOM NOM NOM!!!! kinda malty. Just joined the site :) lotsa weight to lose but will stick to this I reckon cos it takes choice away from me. If I have 2 shakes a day I am more inclined to have something healthy at night.

Hi All,

I have 73lb to lose and I have tried Weight Watchers and Slimming World and neither are working for me, maybe because they both give me too much freedom and I am just bingeing on crap, so I decuded to give the Tesco Ultraslim a try and see if I can lose the weight that way.

My main problem is my breakfast and lunches whilst I am at work, I always tend to eat high caloried foods which is full of fat, so by the time I get home of a night I just end up continuing with my binge. So I thought if I took the freedom of choice away from me, then I would be more likely to be sucessful.

What is peoples experience on this plan?
Does it work?

I hear alot of people saying as soon as you stop it you put all the weight back on and more, but surely this is only if you stop following a plan, as these plans are diet controlled, you would need to continue following a calorie controlled diet otherwise you will gain weight.

My mother in law followed Slim Fast and lost 4 stone on this programme and that was 3 years ago and still to this day, she is maintaining because she watches what she eats and hasnt stopped "following a plan"

I lost 8 and a half stone on the old WW plan and when I stopped following WW, i inevetibly put all the weight back on.

I hope I am right?

xxxx

Last edited:
I use the Tescos Ultraslim shakes every now and then, when I feel I'm "eating too much" on SW... I find it definitely helps my mindset, to stop me reaching out for food, and the stuff tastes quite good too.

Well done to your mother, its good that she is maintaining as she is :)

I say it's definitely worth giving it a go, you won't know if you don't try it...! good luck Davey x

Agree Davey, if you go back to eating like a pig then the weight will go back on. I also learnt that lesson with WW. So long as you still watch what you eat to some extent then youd be fine long term.

Davey1984 said:
Hi All,

I have 73lb to lose and I have tried Weight Watchers and Slimming World and neither are working for me, maybe because they both give me too much freedom and I am just bingeing on crap, so I decuded to give the Tesco Ultraslim a try and see if I can lose the weight that way.

My main problem is my breakfast and lunches whilst I am at work, I always tend to eat high caloried foods which is full of fat, so by the time I get home of a night I just end up continuing with my binge. So I thought if I took the freedom of choice away from me, then I would be more likely to be sucessful.

What is peoples experience on this plan?
Does it work?

I hear alot of people saying as soon as you stop it you put all the weight back on and more, but surely this is only if you stop following a plan, as these plans are diet controlled, you would need to continue following a calorie controlled diet otherwise you will gain weight.

My mother in law followed Slim Fast and lost 4 stone on this programme and that was 3 years ago and still to this day, she is maintaining because she watches what she eats and hasnt stopped "following a plan"

I lost 8 and a half stone on the old WW plan and when I stopped following WW, i inevetibly put all the weight back on.

I hope I am right?

xxxx

You could have wrote this for me! Bar the losing 8 stone bit
:p
I'm trying 'your way' too, but with Slim Fast at the moment (and Ultra Slim when I can get my hands on it!)

Just re-started today and already feeling slimmer, Good Luck Davey! x

Hi all new to minimins x I am also new to the shake diet trying asda one x anyone lost weight on asda one? Do I have shake for beaky and lunch then a low cal dinner? Im also a week into insanity DVD absolutely loving then hard work shame I'm struggling to diet properly :( need some motivation on diet side and up for challenges x I have 9 weeks until my holiday so I need to do this! xx

aishah22 said:
hi all ive just stared on this today so hope it helps me lose weight as i found it really hard

Good luck Hun it will work if u stick to it ?it's hard at 1st but u will get the hang of it. X

Jens journey said:
Hi all new to minimins x I am also new to the shake diet trying asda one x anyone lost weight on asda one? Do I have shake for beaky and lunch then a low cal dinner? Im also a week into insanity DVD absolutely loving then hard work shame I'm struggling to diet properly :( need some motivation on diet side and up for challenges x I have 9 weeks until my holiday so I need to do this! xx

Hiya I have been doing the asda measure up for a month and have lost 9 pounds which is amazing, this was by having a shake for breakfast 100 cal snack then shake for lunch another 100 cal snack then 600 calorie dinner.
But when I went to get my shakes asda have changed them to asda meal replacement which you need to add skimmed milk and I had noticed the sugar contents are high at 24g per serving, so anyway I thought ok am gona have to carry on ect but after 4 days on the new asda shakes they are making me feel more hungry plus I am getting these weird stomach aches,farty feelings amd feeling a littke bloated. I prefer the old shakes as u mix it up with water and the sugar am sure was less plus I never ever felt hungry!!

That's unfair that they've changed the ingredients and that you have to add milk now.
Maybe the sugar in it makes you feel more hungry Hun.

You could try the super drug version as I've heard a few people say its pretty good xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya I have been doing the asda measure up for a month and have lost 9 pounds which is amazing, this was by having a shake for breakfast 100 cal snack then shake for lunch another 100 cal snack then 600 calorie dinner.
But when I went to get my shakes asda have changed them to asda meal replacement which you need to add skimmed milk and I had noticed the sugar contents are high at 24g per serving, so anyway I thought ok am gona have to carry on ect but after 4 days on the new asda shakes they are making me feel more hungry plus I am getting these weird stomach aches,farty feelings amd feeling a littke bloated. I prefer the old shakes as u mix it up with water and the sugar am sure was less plus I never ever felt hungry!!

Well done on your lose! That's really good!!
This is my 4th day on the asda meal replacement shake and I have been feeling quite light headed and tierd :( x ohhh I didn't know I could have snacks... I have been having shake for breakfast and lunch and had small nibbles of strawberries when felt peckish and having just under 600cal dinners. Not been feeling hungry just really tierd :/ considering moving into slimfast or superdrug after this tin not too keen on dizziness! I had a cheeky weigh in and I am down 2lbs :D! Going to have snack now and see if I feel better.

MrsWilsoncroft said:
That's unfair that they've changed the ingredients and that you have to add milk now.
Maybe the sugar in it makes you feel more hungry Hun.

You could try the super drug version as I've heard a few people say its pretty good xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Totally unfair as I was actually loving the fact I don't have to fuss about what to eat for breakfast and lunch, must be the sugars making me feel hungry, will check out the superdrugs make, thanks Hun x

Jens journey said:
Well done on your lose! That's really good!!
This is my 4th day on the asda meal replacement shake and I have been feeling quite light headed and tierd :( x ohhh I didn't know I could have snacks... I have been having shake for breakfast and lunch and had small nibbles of strawberries when felt peckish and having just under 600cal dinners. Not been feeling hungry just really tierd :/ considering moving into slimfast or superdrug after this tin not too keen on dizziness! I had a cheeky weigh in and I am down 2lbs :D! Going to have snack now and see if I feel better.

Thanks hunny, well asda doesn't state on how to Take the shakes so I just followed the slim fast way lolll but it worked, defo start adding ur 100 cals snack and you will notice a difference hopefully, good luck Hun let us know how u get on x

Thanks hunny, well asda doesn't state on how to Take the shakes so I just followed the slim fast way lolll but it worked, defo start adding ur 100 cals snack and you will notice a difference hopefully, good luck Hun let us know how u get on x

I know very strange how it doesn't state very much! I will probs feel alot better once I have snacks inbetween shakes:D x will do and good luck! Xx

Totally unfair as I was actually loving the fact I don't have to fuss about what to eat for breakfast and lunch, must be the sugars making me feel hungry, will check out the superdrugs make, thanks Hun x

Youre welcome Hun. I think Slim Fast is on offer at the moment at Boots so might be worth checking it out.
we could do with an offers thread so we can post where we see it on offer from time to time xxx

MrsWilsoncroft said:
Youre welcome Hun. I think Slim Fast is on offer at the moment at Boots so might be worth checking it out.
we could do with an offers thread so we can post where we see it on offer from time to time xxx

Yes that's a good idea we should do a separate thread for that, I know asda are doing 3 slim fast tins for £10 which is really good x

Jens journey said:
I know very strange how it doesn't state very much! I will probs feel alot better once I have snacks inbetween shakes:D x will do and good luck! Xx

Thanks Hun xxx

Congratulations to you all on you weight lose. I started the asda meal replacement today quite enjoying the strawberry flavour but going to get another flavour so i dont get fed up. Can any of you suggest some good dinners am i still ok having baked potato rice and pasta in my meals?

Back