Aspartame

Thank you everyone for the very helpful responses from you all.

I went without options for a couple of days and still had the head pains and the strange feeling behind my left eye so I think if it doesn't get any better a trip to the doctors is in order. Problem is I have had so much of doctors in the past that now I try to avoid them whenever possible.

It could be stress related.

However, having read all the information you have all provided I have decided to cut out all artificial sweeteners from my diet apart from the occasional options drink.

Hi Fillysmum

How often do you use the PC.
I had errible pains and i relaised overall the PC was a nasty downward slide in my life.

I got rid of it for 2 years and teh change was dramatic. I am now fitter, more alive and coped much better with daily life.

Ihave it back now as im kicking a banks ass;) and need to letter write and research legals etc.

Once i get that nailed i shall be back to the library for here and my laptop will be retired to my mums house in the cupboard.

Its the most "unnatural" thing we can do to our brains our bodies.

Hope you get some relief.:)

Hi Fillysmum

How often do you use the PC.
I had errible pains and i relaised overall the PC was a nasty downward slide in my life.

I got rid of it for 2 years and teh change was dramatic. I am now fitter, more alive and coped much better with daily life.

Ihave it back now as im kicking a banks ass;) and need to letter write and research legals etc.

Once i get that nailed i shall be back to the library for here and my laptop will be retired to my mums house in the cupboard.

Its the most "unnatural" thing we can do to our brains our bodies.

Hope you get some relief.:)

I use the PC a lot. About 4 hours a day.

Thanks for the tip.

While we are on the bad health subject did everyone see the news with the new tests in Germany on the recycled boxes being used to box foods.

Recycled news paper, holds seriouse toxins in the ink.

The toxins are so strong they are going through any inner layer packaging be it microwave plate or cereal bag.

115 products tested in Germany came out with 115 products effected:eek:

Each food had 10 times above the rate for toxic contamination warning. ( each meal is a very small amount )

but If you can buy foods with no boxes then please start to concider it.

It was advised that the odd meal wouldnt hurt you. But being exposed to this over a decade risks, organ swelling and cancers.

My grandaughters future diet has now been planned:eek:
I had been concidering growing veg this summer and getting my head round the potatoes and toms. This has now speeded up my wish....alot!

While we are on the bad health subject did everyone see the news with the new tests in Germany on the recycled boxes being used to box foods.

Recycled news paper, holds seriouse toxins in the ink.

The toxins are so strong they are going through any inner layer packaging be it microwave plate or cereal bag.

115 products tested in Germany came out with 115 products effected:eek:

Each food had 10 times above the rate for toxic contamination warning. ( each meal is a very small amount )

but If you can buy foods with no boxes then please start to concider it.

It was advised that the odd meal wouldnt hurt you. But being exposed to this over a decade risks, organ swelling and cancers.

My grandaughters future diet has now been planned:eek:
I had been concidering growing veg this summer and getting my head round the potatoes and toms. This has now speeded up my wish....alot!

Scary I know.

I am old enough to remember buying most things loose including butter, that went into grease-proofed paper, everything else went into brown paper bags.

That coupled with a lack of electrical goods i.e. vacuum cleaners, strimmers, washing machines, dish washers etc meant we not only ate a healthier diet but we got more exercise. To see a gym was a are sight indeed.

Kids played out. It was safer then than now. There were no electronic games, skipping ropes, marbles, hide and seek, tag were the games we played, and we didn't have T.V. until I was 8 years old and we were the first to get one in our area. The BBC was the only channel and they only broadcast for a few hours a day.

There just where not the incident rates of the illnesses we see today.

My dad grew all our veg and raised ducks and chickens for the table as well as the bonus of the eggs they produced.

Life was healthier by far and interestingly a close friend of mine who has a 10 year old is busy looking for non- computer or electronic games for her daughter as she is worried about her.

Thanks for bringing up the subject, very worthwhile debating.

There are a few companies that deliver veg boxes and generally there is very little packaging and they all need a good wash before using as they have come straight out of the ground. only downside is that you can't substitute anything you don't like and sometimes you end up on google trying to figure out what some stuff actually is! Still better than supermarkets and useful for those of us without gardens or allotments.

hmmm, I might look into that...
I also need to get those seeds planted that I bought 2 months ago.. :)
leeks, onions, cabbage, spring onions, parsnips, carrots and probably a few more..

I also need to get those seeds planted that I bought 2 months ago.. :)
leeks, onions, cabbage, spring onions, parsnips, carrots and probably a few more..

Go for it nothing tastes better than freshly harvested fruit and veg. Potatoes straight out of the ground on the table in 20 minutes are heaven. I plant a small crop in September every year to have on Christmas day with our Christmas dinner..... delicious !!!

Last edited:
Hi filismum

Ive always wanted to grow jacket spuds are they hard.

If i can do them in a tin dustbin thats even better.

How often do you get them once they have started growing. Is it 1 a week?do they grow realy quick?
Any tips info would be great:):)

Wonder if a sustainable food thread would be a good idea.

Hi filismum

Ive always wanted to grow jacket spuds are they hard.

If i can do them in a tin dustbin thats even better.

How often do you get them once they have started growing. Is it 1 a week?do they grow realy quick?
Any tips info would be great:):)

Wonder if a sustainable food thread would be a good idea.

I grow mine and eat them when they are small , new potatoes.

It takes 3 months from planting to harvesting and you get loads and loads from each plant. The size of the potatoes depends on how long they are in the ground.

Look at these links for some help.........

Growing potatoes in a bin | BBC Gardeners' World video project

Grow Potatoes in Containers - Vegetables

Good luck

Sounds great i will have a read up. I always thought when a potatoe sprouted when it was waiting to be cooked...as they do in my house lol

That was when you plant it:rolleyes:.

This summer my potatoes will be in my oven:D

Back