Aspartame

It is in all the sweet flavours.

Soups and bars and tetra's don't have it as far as I can remember.

Best to check with your CDC.

The ingredients are on the bar wrappers and on the side of the box they come in, the same for the boxes the soups and sweet flavours come in as well.

Not sure if it is on the tetra pack itself. I am sure someone who knows for sure will be along.

Love Mini xxx

Mini is correct:

Aspartame is used in the sweet-flavoured CD sachets (0.06mg per serving), and is not suitable for those with phenylketonuria. All soups, bars and briks are aspartame-free.

There are no E numbers listed on my tetra packs, I cant say for the other products. The sweetener it the tetra products is Acesulfame K and no "source of phenylalanine" in them.

I am not a fan of aspartame although I dont have PKU my personally held view is that it is not a safe additive for anyone and its so widely and freely used these days.

Even though there are no proven basis for my opinion but thats just me and based on the things I have read about it and so I avoid it as much as possible. I live on the tetras so its not an issue for me with CD

Thanks all for the responses - I am currently on the LL programme (week 9) and am considering switching to CD. Ultimately I would like to become a counsellor as I am interested in good nutrition and healthy eating (and I am a people's person!). Having never been on a VLCD it has been brilliant and motivating however I was not happy with some of the ingredients in some of the food packs. Apparently if you don't heat up the products containing aspartame it is not as harmful. I was happy to go ahead anyway asI was desperate to lose 3 stone and have enjoyed it so far!

What differences are there between LLC and CDC - I think this is a very broad question I know - the LLC is quite expensive to complete I believe. Am doing a lot of research to weigh-up (forgive the pun!) the pros and cons!!

Thanks again - I am new to this forum and love all the help guidance and advice freely given
Susie

Back