Ass-kicking required :o(

JanD

maintaining since June'09
I've noticed 'picking' creeping in - I've even said I need to nip it in the bud - trouble is, instead of being able to do that I seem to be getting worse! :cry:

This is just today ...

Had a piece of white bread, vitalite and jam before I left work.
Bought a milky way when I went for Mum's paper (and ate it needless to say:()
At Mum's had a piece of toast with butter, half a cookie, an all butter biscuit, a spoonful of cheese & onion sandwich filler and a smartie cake bar :(
When I got home I had an oat cake with goat's cheese and a packet of baked cheese & onion crisps.

:sigh::sigh::sigh:

Don't know what's going on :confused:

I've been in bed all day and for tea have had baked chicken fillets in tomato & basil, asparagus & a third of a baked sweet potato with ff from frais on it.

I'm having some wine tonight and plan on having a nectarine & some blueberries with ff from frais later.

We're walking through the Mersey tunnel tomorrow (you can do this every now and again) so hoping that'll make me feel a bit better because at the moment I feel like a bloated, landed whale. I completely know that under the circumstances having wine tonight isn't a very good idea but that knowledge hasn't stopped me :(

HELP!!!!! :wave_cry:

Last edited:
Hi Jan

Dont feel qualified to say anything, but just wanted to say thinking of you! You are another inspiration on here, so you need to nip it in the bud soon........we cant have you going backwards.

You have done incredibly well and always give out absolute top advice!

Sorry, not much help, just wanted to say hang in there and dont allow that picking to get in the way of what you have achieved, which is amazing.

Have a good day tomorrow.

Take care

Awww thank you! There isn't really much anyone can say I suppose. Writing it all out though brings it home and clarifies how stupid it is!!! xx

You are right.....doing things in secret is the worse thing really! Like I always say accountability....it definitely helps and i suppose writing it all down shows you exactly what you are eating and that you cant really get away from it.

Jan - Whoopedass on your other thread . As Scotsmist has said. you have come too far to start going backwards now . Its strange I had a bad day yesterday but today I have been really good ,no cravings at all . I wonder have hormones anything to do with it????

Jan - Whoopedass on your other thread . As Scotsmist has said. you have come too far to start going backwards now . Its strange I had a bad day yesterday but today I have been really good ,no cravings at all . I wonder have hormones anything to do with it????

HaHa - see my reply to your reply .... great minds!! ;) xx

jan jan jan!! just because you asked so nicely
:whoopass:

but ya know, its one day jan - back on track tomorrow :)

D'ya know what??? It's really weird ... I've been great today! Well okay I'm having me Sunday wine, but foodwise I'm really good ... how strange - I'm sure it must be a hormone thing .... xx

Emotional day though ... DH & I walked through the Mersey tunnel - the original one that opened in 1934. This was the 1st time it's been walked through since the day it opened I think (although it has been RUN through a few times) ... Somebody from the Liverpool Echo came to talk to us and asked why we were doing it. I hadn't even realised until I answered her that I was doing it in memory of my father who walked through it the day it opened, as well as the reason i thought I was doing it which was to support Claire House - our local children's hospice. So we've spent much of the day thinking and talking about my Dad who died on 20th Aug 2007.

If you've still got your Dad, make the most of him and give him a hug from me xxxxx

A reminiscing day like that can be good for you too Jan. Helps clear the cobwebs . My dad passed away 25th december 2006 . He was 83 . died peacefully in his sleep (Yup christmas day!!!!)

:( xxx Was he one to like the attention then??? He's made sure you can never forget him! :) xxx

(Not that you would I know - but I firmly believe there's a reason for everything!) xx

Hi Jan

Glad you are back on track...I watched it on TV about the tunnel, and was looking for ya!!! haha..needle in a haystack comes to mind.

I didnt realise the importance until I saw it on tv.

Lovely to do something and to remember your dad....mine died almost a year after my mum 10 years ago...but I will give him a virtual hug ;-)

Have a great week Jan.

Take care

Ya he loved being the centre of things and being the BOSS!!!!. He was old school ,not like these new modern fathers . He could barely boil an egg so was lost when my mother died in 1984 . I was in college at the time (17) and moved home . Got married at 28 and built a house next door to him . Didnt realise how close we were until he passed away . Still miss him calling for lunch every day .

I bet you do .... ***big sigh*** I know how you feel xxx

If you've still got your Dad, make the most of him and give him a hug from me xxxxx

Bless :hug99: for you jan :)

Corny as but my dad is the best i wouldnt change him for the world - he's always there just like my mum and they are very supportive - aw look at me getting emotional - jan what have you done to me?! lol

Hi Jan, glad you are back on track.....we ARE all human after all. I have to start watching myself as I have my OH's mum and youngest son staying with us for another 3 weeks and am tending to have a snack when I get home as they are having their "lunch" at that time (jet-lag from the USA!!) We went out to Lakeside (Girraffe restaurant) and we had lunch but left half the bap on the low-fat chicken burger option and only ate half the chips so not too shoddy! But I did eat a few!!!! of my home-made cookies yesterday:eek: My darling dad died 26 years ago, my absolute hero and he pops into my dreams quite often. The dreams always seem to take place in the house we lived in just before I got married....weird!

Back