Assume Im in ketosis

Vampyra

Ive had headaches, hot flushes, wind (!), the "whoosh" effect which I really wasnt expecting to be such a whoosh. Lol.
BUT today Ive a really upset tummy. Is this normal?

Probably due to a change in diet! I use physillium husks from holland and Barrett. 2 before every meal keeps up the fibre in my diet to keep my gut happy! It should settle, keep eating regularly and get enough greenery.

Can't say I've had a wind issue....nope. It's been better since I started this. And the whooshie fairy is different , silver

Whoosh in this respect I'm guessing is in reference to peeing lots.

Whooshie fairy is when you've typically had a stall or have sts for a week or two n then lose a decent amount more than normal. Therefore a whoosh. A whooshie of weight.

Ah BC you are the font of all Atkins knowledge! Xx

I always that the weeing was cause of all the water I was drinking?! Lol!

Now what I do want to knows, will the smelly wee ever go away? Oh and I've not had a bad breath issue, which I'm quite glad of. Have woken up with a mouth like a sandal! Blergh!

Lol no possibly not as it's a side effect of k. At least having the smelly pee rather than the smelly breath it only bothers u n not others :)

i find in the first week i have an unsettled stomach,it
settles down,then if i have a problem the other way,i use
the husks,and i sometimes use ketone sticks,which can
either be bought online or from a chemist.
i only check first thing in the morning,as the taste in my mouth
tells me where i am.

I've read somewhere or other that the ketone breath/wee does improve as your body gets more efficient at burning its own fat for fuel. I don't get the acetone taste in my mouth anymore. I still sometimes get unusually thirsty, and my appetite disappears. Mainly I know I'm in ketosis because I'm just so full of energy it's insane. Feel like a pinball whizzing all over the place. I actually get enthusiastic about the washing up. Crazy.

Thanks ladies, it's so much easier when you start to understand the lingo.

I have had terrible breath since I started so I bought some sugar free mints for when I have talk to people, trying not to eat too many. And my wee has been quite smelly too, and dare I say it, my number 2's. :sign0163:

Thanks ladies, it's so much easier when you start to understand the lingo.

I have had terrible breath since I started so I bought some sugar free mints for when I have talk to people, trying not to eat too many. And my wee has been quite smelly too, and dare I say it, my number 2's. :sign0163:

I could put the dog to shame :eek::8855:

i try not to talk to people at the best of times lol
that's probably why i have more cyber friends than face to face
ones.:D

Smelly Breath

I had vile breath for the first 2 weeks or so, my son, Oscar, wouldnt even come near me!! He is a teenager, so a mum with bad breath is the worst thing in the whole wide world!!
I have found that my wind problem has practically disappeared, I used to be very windy, but dont seem to have any at all any more!
The increased energy levels make up for everything, this morning I walked approx 5 miles in about 1 hour and 10 minutes, then went to the gym, did 45 minutes on the machines and weights, then swam 40 lengths!! I cant believe how good I feel!!

I have had terrible breath since I started so I bought some sugar free mints for when I have talk to people, trying not to eat too many.

I've done the same thing. I keep a pack of Boots SF Humbugs in my car and just grab a couple whenever I go anywhere I may need to talk to people.

I used to chew SF Gum, but I've heard mixed things about whether they're okay to have on Atkins, so I've had to settle for mints instead :p

Lol - it's worth the stinky bit:)

Can i join the smelly gang? It comes and goes but I reek :D

Guys, promise me we'll never have a real life Atkinsers meet-up. Can you imagine our combined stench? :faint2::sign0137: :8855:

(I'm sure you're all sweet-breathed and delightful really)

Back