At a loss

kaylb

Hello lovely people :wave_cry:

I'm hoping some of you will have been through this or can share some insight.

I've been on SW for about 6 weeks, I'm going it alone as there are no classes here, and with the help of this forum have a good handle on things. The problem is, that although I am 100% on plan, having my HEX, at least 8 to 10 syns a day, the rest of my food made up of free and superfree foods (I do mainly green days), I feel like I'm 'off plan'.

Now it's not that great, can't believe I'm on a diet, feeling... it's more like a nagging feeling that it's all wrong but my logical mind knows it's not!

I hope that all made sense, although maybe it doesn't cause it sure doesn't seem to in my head!!

So, has anyone else experienced something like this?

Thanks guys :)

Kay x

It can be immensly difficult to get your head around to begin with, i do understand where your coming from. . i suppose we expect, and our mind tells us we should be expierancing hunger and other emotions that come with being on a 'proper diet', so when your enjoying a new way of eating that is to help you lose weight, it can be difficult to make sence of it and understand how it could be working.. dont let the feeling of being off plan make you not eat enough or be experimental with food. I suspect because you arnt able to go to class your just going on information you have, whereas seeing someone employed and trained by sw and a room full of people, made me 'SEE' that it works and that other people where eating the same things as me!?

if that makes any sence lol

how are your losses??? you must be seeing that its working for you by now :) xxxxxx

Thanks for the support guys :)

Although I measure instead of weighing, I've lost 9 inches in total from my neck, bra strap area, waist, stomach and thighs in the last 6 weeks so it clearly is working!! :)

I understand how it works (for the most part!) but I can't seem to shake this feeling that I'm not putting enough effort in... almost like I'm doing this halfheartedly...

Oh well, I'm sure the longer I do this, the less this feeling will crop up.

Kay x

That's exactly how I've felt! Although I am following the plan to the letter, doing mainly red days with occasional EE days thrown in on a Saturday so I can make curry and rice.

With the inch loss you're showing, it sounds like you're bang on with the plan.

Well done and good luck with the rest of your weight loss x

I think everyone feels like this - I certainly do. But if you do it right, and count your Syns then there's no reason why it wouldn't work. I think it just takes a while for our heads to catch up with the physical changes. 9 inches sounds like a great result in 6 weeks so I'd say just keep doing what you're doing as it's obviously working - well done!

The thing is though that SW is not a diet, it's a healthy eating plan. Think of the word diet as a really bad swear word:)

Well put - I second that! There is no need to feel hungry at all if you're on plan. Seems odd at first but it really works! X

Thanks guys :) you're right, I will just keep doing what I'm doing and hope the nagging feeling goes away!!

You've got to love this place, it's wonderful to have somewhere to share this strange stuff with people who get what you're talking about and give great advice :)

Kay x

Back