At an all time low :( why isn't it working?!

Lucyo_x

So I've been on the Cambridge diet for 4/5 weeks now. At my last weigh in I only lost 1lb (haven't cheated once...) my consultant said I was retaining water as it was time of the month. Se advised me to drink more black coffee and up water intake to 3.5 litres. So I have. I missed a weigh in cause I was ill but weighed myself on my scales at home instead, it says I've lost 2lb in two weeks!!

I'm on SS. Have stopped eating the bars because my consultant said that may have slowed the weight loss down. I haven't cheated. I'm getting really demotivated because I'm not seeing any results and it's getting me really down. Has anyone experienced something similar?! X

Hey lucyo i had the same losses too i never got.more that one or two pounds a week and my first week was 8, its disheartening yes.but have you been keeping an.eye on your inches? Even though id only lost 4lb in 4 weeks i losts like 6 inches off waist and 2 off hips!!! X

SW 13,10; W1-8lbs W2 -2lbs W3 -0lbs W4 -5lbs W5 -2lbs W6 +2lbs (holiday) W7 -1lbs W8 -1lbs

I've lost 16.5lbs and 16inches when I was measured and weighed two weeks ago.

Got my weigh in Thursday... Really not looking forward to it as I can feel water weight on me. The diet is messing up my time of the months, causing spotting and prolonged periods. I'm getting so fed up! Feels like I'm starving myself for 1lb per week... Doesn't seem worth it! X

I know i felt that way too!! I just.dont think my body copes with the diet. Keep your chin up though as the week after my little loss ans totm my loss was five so think positive!!! :) x

SW 13,10; W1-8lbs W2 -2lbs W3 -0lbs W4 -5lbs W5 -2lbs W6 +2lbs (holiday) W7 -1lbs W8 -1lbs

Thox is how I'm feeling have a read of the willpower thread we are all having same prob guys!!!! Cxxxxzx

My totm was 2 weeks ago though! I don't understand what's going on. Got holiday in 18 days and wanted to lose a further stone. Doesn't look like its gonna happen :( I have the will power, it's just getting me down a lot x

Lucyo_x said:
My totm was 2 weeks ago though! I don't understand what's going on. Got holiday in 18 days and wanted to lose a further stone. Doesn't look like its gonna happen :( I have the will power, it's just getting me down a lot x

Babe everyone different and it's horrible unknown but u need to find what works for u maybe ur better adding a Ss meal x

Yeah was thinking maybe move up a step. Just seems like the more calories I put in, the less weight I'll lose. However I'm not losing anything on this step. Just a tad frustrating! X

Aw hun i feel for you.i think if u ss plus for a week it mite kick start your metabolism.i understand how peed off u r a friend of mine lost 5lb in a week doin ww but i lost a lb lol.and thats not eatimg lol
Ul prob find uk have a huge loss nxt week when ure body evens itself out hun stick with it xx

HOw you feeling this morning Lucy xxx

I'd consider the following ..

If you feel like you're retaining water , don't drink so much . 2 litres will suffice

Look at your losses over the month not week. I am unable to see your stats right now as on my phone - but are you evening out at around a stone a month ?

Hi Hun

Like the others have said maybe try upping it for a week, thats what I am doing, hope you're feeling better!

Big Hugs xx

Hi everyone thanks for your amazing support!

I am very reluctant to up my step because I have holiday in 2 weeks and want to lose as much as poss before then... Not looking very promising though...

Feeling okay this morning thanks, was just very down last night. Didn't cheat or anything it just got me down and abit depressed!

I have lost 16.5 lbs and I've been doing this for 4 weeks and 5 days.

I spoke to my consultant and she said the reason why my body is holding water is because "supposedly" it thinks that's it's not getting enough.. So apparently the answer to water retention is drinking more water? Is this right? She also said black coffee will help?

Weigh in is on Thursday, hasn't been weighed for two weeks on her scales... Mine say I haven't changed apart from 1lb. Sooo frustrating!!! Xxx

confusing didnt think black coffee would help! x

im not sure i entirely agree with the whole drinking more to get rid of water theory as i upped my water to 4-5 litres a day when on CD and it worked initially but then when i was in my last few weeks, i was losing 1lb a week drinking 4 litres a day and when i cut back to 2.5 litres, i lost 3lbs the following week. plus i felt so much lighter, didnt feel so much like a waterbomb! maybe you need to cut back rather than up but its all about finding a balance for you. hope you start to get better results soon :)

Karrinnae my next weigh in is Thursday, tomorrow at 6:30pm! Nervous!

I will speak to my consultant tomorrow and enquire about cutting down the water in take or moving up a step... She keeps telling me it's clinically impossible to not lose weight when only putting 400 odd cals in per day... Obviously it isn't as it's happening to me! And just before holiday... just my luck! Xxx

Karrinnae my next weigh in is Thursday, tomorrow at 6:30pm! Nervous!

I will speak to my consultant tomorrow and enquire about cutting down the water in take or moving up a step... She keeps telling me it's clinically impossible to not lose weight when only putting 400 odd cals in per day... Obviously it isn't as it's happening to me! And just before holiday... just my luck! Xxx

And she is right. Therefore, I would feel inclined to think that there is an underlying problem. Have you ever had trouble losing weight before?

I feel for you Lucy. I complain about my small losses these past few weeks (bar last week, which was a big one!). But if I were that good and had a STS for that long, I would feel really really really down :(

Why not asked your CDC to contact the medical team at the HQ? In your shoes, I would. Just to try to understand. having said that, moving up a plan may help! :)

Hi book worm!

Haven't had any trouble before as this is the first diet I've ever been on...

I will speak to my consultant tomorrow after my weigh in for any advice, yes it is very frustrating!!! I'm doing everything I should be, cut out the bars now and I only drink still non flavoured water as opposed to fizzy water with the cambridge flavourings that I used to have.

I'm not sure if it is my scales or not.. They were only cheap ish. But surely scales should identify a loss even if it doesn't read my weight right?!

I guess I will have to wait and see tomorrow. A few people have told me to eat something to give my metabolism a kick start..? I'm not sure as I don't really want to cheat as I've come this far and not cheated!

I'm not gonna be at my goal weight for holiday, I know that for sure :-( xx

Back