At goal & now beyond... 5:2 officially rocks!

I just don't think I am that ready yet, feeling quite motivate with Sw this week so think I will play out April and reassess.. I have just got back to the running and dont think it is wise just yet x

No I don't exercise on fast days apart from the waking I do anyway x

Luckily after a naughty up day of lots of carb my scales only recorded 11:10:0 so only 0.2lb up. Another fasting day today which may be a difficult one as my friend who emigrated last January to Australia has had to come back & as she is now living 3 hours away I haven't seen her until today. We always do cakes but not for me today. She will understand completely as she recently got to goal & realises how important it is.... Day all planned & as I'm at home all day no ready meal for tea for me I'm having fish with a jacket pot & some veg which will be amazing

Subscribing - so motivating! I'm on my first fast day today :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Subscribing - so motivating! I'm on my first fast day today :) Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi!! My advice is wait as late as you can to eat, I tend to do something like this, a cup of bovril (10 cals) about 1130ish then a tin of ww soup about 2ish & tea about 300-400 cals at 6ish. This is really working for me but I will say I do 3 fasts a week which is why it's moving as fast as it is.... Good luck xx

Morning lexie, hope today goes ok and glad the scales didn't bounce! Xx Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well my friend has been & gone as she has lots of people to visit. Was amazing to see them all again, like it was only yesterday though which is how true friendship is!

Thinking I may have to have some bovril I'm really hungry today

Well my friend has been & gone as she has lots of people to visit. Was amazing to see them all again, like it was only yesterday though which is how true friendship is!

Thinking I may have to have some bovril I'm really hungry today

I don't know how you can manage most of the day without eating? Do you ever get that 'ghandis flip flop' mouth if you don't eat for a long time?

No I drink about 2 litres of water on fast days so I'm ok. Reckon I burnt off about 100 calories trying to get the damn lid of the Bovril today then I for busy & only drank half of it!

Well today was nearer 600 cals as son left 1/3 of his crisps & I ate them without really thinking! But it's my first of 3 fasts this week & I've been out gardening for about an hour so I figure it won't hurt this once. Off to the coast tomorrow so will no doubt do loads of walking & I'm determined to avoid the fish & chips as I want Sunday as my higher day. Am a bit hungry again now so seeing as hubby is off out tonight it will be bath & early night for me....

It's so funny that I go to bed on fast days so hungry I almost want to eat my pillow but the next morning I'm not anywhere near as hungry. Makes you wonder if it's real hunger on a fast day or just cos you know you can't eat. Anyway seaside today so hoping lots of walking & no chips... The scales really spurred me on this morning so I know I can do it.....

Attachments

• image-1190733007.jpg
    image-1190733007.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 76
No I drink about 2 litres of water on fast days so I'm ok. Reckon I burnt off about 100 calories trying to get the damn lid of the Bovril today then I for busy & only drank half of it!

Now that's funny as I drink loads of water too, plus peppermint tea, but I still cant get rid of that horrible taste in my mouth.

But, I know what you are saying about being hungry at the end of a DD. Going to bed dreaming of what you are going to eat tomorrow is going to make anybody hungry :)

It's so funny that I go to bed on fast days so hungry I almost want to eat my pillow but the next morning I'm not anywhere near as hungry. Makes you wonder if it's real hunger on a fast day or just cos you know you can't eat. Anyway seaside today so hoping lots of walking & no chips... The scales really spurred me on this morning so I know I can do it.....

Yay... Have a good time at seaside xx

I know, me neither, lol. :D xx
Yeah but how many times have I said that although lowest had been 11:10:6 so I'm through that. Almost worrying already about allowing myself tomorrow off so to speak..... May go for spag Bol instead of lasagne although was gonna do pasta for my bestie coming for tea as she loves carbonara & that chicken thing I made the other night is like a carbonara. Will do a spag Bol for the kids too so I may have Bol with a jacket potato.... It's gonna be a carb heavy day. I'm going to the gym in the morning though & plan it to be an hour of cardio to burn burn burn

Last edited:
Lexie2005 said:
Yeah but how many times have I said that although lowest had been 11:10:6 so I'm through that. Almost worrying already about allowing myself tomorrow off so to speak..... May go for spag Bol instead of lasagne although was gonna do pasta for my bestie coming for tea as she loves carbonara & that chicken thing I made the other night is like a carbonara. Will do a spag Bol for the kids too so I may have Bol with a jacket potato.... It's gonna be a carb heavy day. I'm going to the gym in the morning though & plan it to be an hour of cardio to burn burn burn

I know how you feel, Lexie, I'm living in a state of constant anxiety about relaxing too much and putting a lot back on. It's so true that maintenance is the hardest part, far worse than actually losing - I feel as though I daren't let my guard down for a second, and it's actually ruining my enjoyment of eating anything "naughty", even if it's fully planned in advance! :) xx

I know how you feel, Lexie, I'm living in a state of constant anxiety about relaxing too much and putting a lot back on. It's so true that maintenance is the hardest part, far worse than actually losing - I feel as though I daren't let my guard down for a second, and it's actually ruining my enjoyment of eating anything "naughty", even if it's fully planned in advance! :) xx
I completely understand!!! See the scales today say 11:10:2 which after an up day I guess is to be expected, it's only 0.6lb higher than official weigh in on Thursday, I still have 2 fasts to go & totm due mid week so could be that too but it's stressed me out about today & am already thinking maybe I shouldn't have a relaxed day as who knows what that could make it say tomorrow......... Hubby now wants to BBQ for friends coming which is in some ways better than cooking pasta type things. Am so torn what to do at lunchtime.....

I feel exactly the same as we've got friends over tonight too... Although I think the reason why people can stick with this diet is because we should be able to chill a bit on up days. And 0.6 is nothing - you'll definitely get that off with a fast xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Stop stressing (easy to say, hard to do!) try and be confident in the fact that the fasting does work, but you will get that higher bounce over the weekend :) enjoy your day and your friends .. Lasagna is so good :) if your making it you could use layers of butternut pumpkin/ egg plant instead of pasta sheets ??

Also this week you need to up your water to combat your totm water retention too, maybe some green tea too?

Try breathing deeply and smile ! You have your 11 and your doing really well with the fasting :)

See & how silly is this.... I had my breakfast, a visit from PF & before I got in the bath I hopped on the scales again (they were shouting me ;)) & they read 11:9:4..... I'm having my nice day as planned.

Thanks ladies for giving me a big of a kick!! Of course it's going to go up over the weekend I jaw my 2 non fast days together. As long as it's down by Thursday that's all that should matter....

And breathe!

Back