At goal & now beyond... 5:2 officially rocks!

That's excellent Lexie. Massive congrats. I'm a crisp fiend so now buy flavours I don't like haha xxx

Well f&b breakfast did no harm. I'm actually less today 11:2:0 but I'm guessing that's totm related & so good day planned today & may even go to the gym this afternoon, depends how I feel after work

Here to follow quietly until I get used to this posting lark! Your diary is great. Very motivational!

Wow, that's amazing!! You must be very proud of yourself! Well done. I'm hoping to get some inspiration from the diaries on here. I go between WW & 5:2 Iv done Ww for years then in past year tried 5:2 which I found surprisingly easy considering I couldn't go for 5 minutes without thinking about food, let alone fast!! But am struggling since Xmas. With one thing & another Iv decided to cut down this week with a fast mon & Fri, then back to my running 3 times a week & hopefully shift a stone & a half in time for summer. So am really inspired by your diary & if you don't mind, I'll be pinching some of your food ideas! I think it's great how you can cook & bake all those wonderful goodies & be so disciplined that you don't dive straight into them, the temptation would be just too great for me I'm afraid :-(

Wow, that's amazing!! You must be very proud of yourself! Well done. I'm hoping to get some inspiration from the diaries on here. I go between WW & 5:2 Iv done Ww for years then in past year tried 5:2 which I found surprisingly easy considering I couldn't go for 5 minutes without thinking about food, let alone fast!! But am struggling since Xmas. With one thing & another Iv decided to cut down this week with a fast mon & Fri, then back to my running 3 times a week & hopefully shift a stone & a half in time for summer. So am really inspired by your diary & if you don't mind, I'll be pinching some of your food ideas! I think it's great how you can cook & bake all those wonderful goodies & be so disciplined that you don't dive straight into them, the temptation would be just too great for me I'm afraid :-(

I did ww on & off for about 15 years. I got to hola when I was 20 then over the years piled it on. 5:2 is by far the best thing I have ever done & apart from my 2 fast days when obviously I'm hungry I don't feel deprived. Feel free to help yourself to recipes. If you haven't already got it there's a great app called yummly where you can put in filters (ie under 300 cals) I also have lots of cool books. As for the baking I luckily don't have a sweet tooth at all so I can manage it fine. If it was sausage rolls or something like that they wouldn't be around long enough to photograph ;)

Nice day today but I am stuffed! Just had a roast chicken dinner - about 900 cals worth but I had the cals (all bar about 10) but am reeeeeeeally full but in a happy way. Fast tomorrow & menu planned for the whole week. Tomorrow I start my 5k training when I get home from work before I go to school to pick my boy up all sweaty no doubt lol

Oh & hubby well & truly forgiven as he has dismantled a desk that means I can start sorting out my junk, sorry I mean spare bedroom. I'm majorly excited about it lol

Last edited:
Starting my 5k training tomorrow. I posted on FB about it & then one of the school mums who is a Zumba instructor text me to ask if we can train together - I was planning on doing it on my own but maybe a buddy will keep me motivated... Hope so anyway

Kitty you were right! 6ft peoples strides are sooooo much longer than mine. But we did it but was so cold I'm thinking I may suffer tomorrow. But glad I did it (remind me in the morning please) & a good fast day should be mid 400s & scales were 11:2:5 this morning which after 4 up days I was thrilled with

Tonight's tea potato & mushroom hash

Attachments

• image-4213728472.jpg
    image-4213728472.jpg
    509 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
mmm...looks lovely Lexie
x

Kitty you were right! 6ft peoples strides are sooooo much longer than mine. But we did it but was so cold I'm thinking I may suffer tomorrow. But glad I did it (remind me in the morning please) & a good fast day should be mid 400s & scales were 11:2:5 this morning which after 4 up days I was thrilled with Tonight's tea potato & mushroom hash

Ooh that looks nice x

Ok meant to serve 4

675g new pots
400g mushrooms
Green pepper
Yellow pepper
3 tomatoes diced
Worcester sauce
2 cloves garlic

Dice the pots boil for 7-8 mins, heat 1tbsp oil then fry pots for a further 7 mins then add peppers & garlic, further 5 mins in pan, add mushrooms for 3 mins the add toms, another 3 mins or so, Worcester sauce & season to taste. Bloody lush

Well pelvis aches a bit this morning but other than that I appear to have survived my run.... Well scales thrilled me this morning, with the good up day I have planned & tomorrow's fast official should hopefully see me back at goal

Attachments

• image-2251724538.jpg
    image-2251724538.jpg
    448.4 KB · Views: 46
Back